I’m constantly looking for new budget-friendly massage chairs that can knock my favorites off their respective pedestals. So imagine my surprise when I came across this massage chair unit that promises it’s better than the Kahuna LM6800.
Unfortunately, I have to say it falls short. Here’s why:
- Adjustable and customized human touch massage programs
- Programs for the Full body
- Convenient remote control
- Zero gravity reclining
- Space-saving design
- Multiple preset programs
- Extra padding is needed to remain comfortable
- Insubstantial heat
- Quality control is abysmal
- Customer service is unreliable
- Not built to last
- Transitions are not smooth
- The massage is quite loud
This recliner is best for the ones who manufacture it. Perhaps when they encounter atrocious service and poor execution, they’ll understand what kind of massage chair they’re putting into the market. This massage chair is relatively cheap, and all I can say is you get what you pay for.
That said, not all “cheap” massage chairs provide this kind of disappointment. In fact, there are many budget-friendly options that exceed expectations. Take the Kahuna LM6800; for example, it’s a budget-friendly massage chair for under $1,500, yet it delivers features that can be found in higher-end models.
I truly do not understand how some customers who purchased this model have reported a great experience. To that, I can only say to each their own.
However, if you’re looking for a worthwhile massage chair and company to invest your money in and entrust your wellness, please try again later. Perhaps the company will improve in time.
For now, let’s take a look at what makes this model and company not worth your money and time.
About The BestMassage Company
The BestMassage Company is owned by Factory Direct Wholesale or Pay Less Here, LLC and Cavalier Wholesale. Both distributors are stationed in Duluth, GA. Despite the company setting up roots in the US, its massage chairs are manufactured in China.
This is something we see done in many massage chair companies. However, not all of them use cheap components and boast ineffective designs.
Here are my key takeaways from the company:
- BestMassage chairs are quite cheap. That’s their main selling point. You’ll be able to have access to relatively cheap massage chairs that promise a lot of features usually found in higher-end units.
- The customer service is unreliable, to say the least. One can only presume that most of the stellar reviews this company has is thanks to customers who have not yet discovered the poor craftsmanship of their massage units.
- Pay Less Here, LLC is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. It is currently flagged with a C rating with four customer complaints that have been left unresolved.
- Factory Direct Wholesales, on the other hand, has an F rating on the BBB website. It’s also rated 1.1 stars on Google. Most of this can be attributed to the quality of their products (not high quality), poor customer service, and shady return policies.
- Cavalier Wholesale has an entire website dedicated to its pissed customers.
That said, the companies behind BestMassage chairs are notorious for their abysmal service. Perhaps it isn’t the best choice to support a company that has an entire website dedicated to unsatisfied customers.
BestMassage Massage Chair Review (Features)
This Shiatsu Full Body Electric Massage Chair Recliner functions as a built-in heat therapy air massage system with computerized body scan technology and different levels of massage modes.
This Shiatsu massage chair recliner has 21 working airbags located strategically in the arms, shoulder, hips, thighs, calves, and feet for a better and more relaxing massage experience.
The workmanship on this massage chair is okay. However, the parts were not put together very well. The electric massagers and air massage functions are not too good as well. I’d say that this is a deep-tissue massage chair not worthy of the name.
Computerized Body Scan Technology – The computerized smart body scan technology has built-in sensors that scan your body to detect your body size and automatically measure the length of your spine to ensure precise upper and lower back massage.
- Hot sensors and 11 switch signals work together back and forth to measure the user’s body height for individual custom massage and massage ranges, and it automatically adjusts to fit different figures perfectly.
- The Smart scan also adjusts the intensity automatically to fit the user’s body weight.
Air Massage System with Heat Therapy – The air massage system does work well with the heat therapy feature added by the company. It gives a pure and comfortable massage as a soft cushion with heat therapy helps relax and recover your joints and muscles faster.
- Heat therapy also increases blood circulation and lessens aches and the body pain you’ve been longing to go away.
- The air massage system has a total of 21 airbags located strategically in the arms, shoulders, hips, thighs, calves, and feet to ensure relaxation and a fresh-new body feel. Multiple airbags located for the hips and thighs inflate for compression massage to align the lower back, spine, and pelvis area. It does not only give a massage; it also repairs and fixes body misalignments.
Adjustable Massage Chair – It can be adjusted according to your needs and automatically adjusts according to your body height and weight. It adjusts the angle of the massage chair to give you a comfortable and relaxing sitting position.
- It has 3 levels for each control; speed control, width control, and intensity control.
- The air massage feature has 4 levels and points that work together with different areas to provide a complete and relaxing massage.
- There are 7 modes to choose from; tapping, stretching, shiatsu, combo, air pressure, kneading, and heating.
- Preset auto programs have different massage methods to give you the best massage experience, including special stretching and full-body stretching.
- You can also choose manual massage to control the massage you deem fit. Your heart and body can relax because the massage chair targets all your essential body parts including the neck, shoulder, hips, back, thighs, calves, legs, and feet. Having these body parts massaged together gives you a perfect day and a goodnight’s sleep.
Summary: The Shiatsu Full Body Recliner is a perfect massage chair for a person that deals with everyday stress and back pains. It gives a comforting feeling and removes all the pain in your body. The color selections are good and the design is elegant, perfect for your home living room, office, bedroom and comfort zone. The cushion is very soft that gives you a sleeping-in-the-cloud like feeling. These massage chairs are protected with synthetic leather and stainless steel lining upholstery. Over-all it is good but does not work long enough to remove all your body pain, and chairs manufactured using cheap and substandard materials.
BestMassage EC-06 Specifications
Chair Dimensions: 55 inches x 42 inches x 35 inches
Product Weight: 300 pounds
Shipping Weight: 300 pounds
Reliability and Warranty of BestMassage
At first, it seems like the BestMassage chair is truly worthy of its name. The warranty sounds reasonable enough, but if you wish to find out more, you’ll realize that there’s no information readily available regarding their warranty.
That said, even if you are able to find comprehensive information about the warranty online, or perhaps by some miracle, the customer service is able to respond to you to assure you of their great service, you’ll still end up disappointed.
Here are my key takeaways:
- BestMassage is not very reliable when it comes to refunds and returns. In some cases, customers have had trouble asking for a refund despite their massage chair not arriving.
- Customer service is selectively responsive. If it’s about purchasing the massage chair, they’re usually very accommodating. However, when it comes to problems, you’re better off trying to teach a pig how to bark.
One of the only things I appreciate about this company is that it delivers massage chair directly to your doorstep. However, some customers have reported that their products were left without notice at the bottom of their front porch steps.
That said, massage chairs are quite heavy as well. So you’ll usually need help to lift the chair. Even if you’re healthy, you could still end up hurting your back.
User Reviews, What are Customers Saying?
You will find some great reviews for this massage chair online. However, most of these reviews end up getting revoked by the customers who buy it. If you’re looking for a gag gift, then this massage chair is the perfect choice for you.
However, even as a joke, it’s not worth your time, effort, and stress.
Does Brookstone Still Sell Massage Chairs?
Brookstone closed all locations in 2017, leaving us wondering if it sold any massage chairs when it was around. Brookstone discontinued selling massage chairs in 2014 but did include them on its website during this time. When Brookstone was in operation, it also sold massage chairs under the Thomasville brand name. Brookstone is also now selling massage chairs through its new website, bookemall.com. Ever since Brookstone announced its bankruptcy in September 2018, it has been keeping its customers and fans on their toes about the status of its website and its physical locations. One of the most beloved online retailers of its kind, Brookstone will now be fully liquidated.
However, the Brookstone once sold all manner of bathrobes, massage chairs, and other life-changing items will not be very different than the Brookstone that sold vibrating massagers and LED lanyards. While Brookstone’s bankruptcy is a big deal for the general public, I’m here to remind everyone that the retailer still does carry massage chairs and other miscellaneous items. Is Brookstone’s Massage Chair Any Good? Whether you’re a frequent Brookstone shopper or not, the company’s products are pricey. If you want a chair to lounge in, a massage, or any other one-time purchase, you’ll need to invest some patience to wait for them to arrive. But if you buy the occasional Brookstone purchase, you’ll probably be happy with how the chair feels and whether it’s made from quality materials.
Are Massage Chairs Worth Buying?
The word chair is probably the single most misused and misused term in the world. What is a chair? A table? A stool? A throne? A balustrade? None of these terms have anything to do with a massage chair, which should be some sort of thing that reclines on something not much bigger than a room divider (but that’s a discussion for another time).
Massage chairs are nothing more than reclining or tilting, a massage-like devices designed to be comfortable, to provide pressure points and pressure points for pressure on the body, and hopefully relieve stress in any way it can. We like to think of them as comfortable armchairs, but then again, reclining can be very uncomfortable when there’s nothing to lean against or hold onto, and almost every massage chair you find that tilts are probably very uncomfortable and probably aren’t worth the money. If you are even contemplating getting a massage chair at all, the first question you might ask yourself.
Panasonic Massage Chair
Given the expense of therapy, a luxurious and relaxing experience is the number one priority. While a trip to the spa is an option for some of us, the rest of us may choose to let a professional handle the massage part. And if the self-massage doesn’t cut it, there’s always the Panasonic chair that features Bluetooth speakers for a completely immersive experience. This vibrating massager with rollers features power and massage options, so your legs can feel like they’re getting the attention they deserve.
Parachute Bed. Curious to know the secrets to a fantastic sleep? Maybe you’ve tried all of the go-to products on the market and still can’t sleep well at night. Either way, there are other options you may not be aware of — such as a bed made from parachute material that features a mattress filled with energizing essential oils. The scent is said to help awaken tired muscles.
Is Osaki a Good Brand?
One of my new favorite things is when someone writes to tell me that a product has helped them feel better, get more sleep, etc. Unfortunately, the responses I’ve received in the past for a lot of products I’ve reviewed have been from letters and the subject line is always, “This product helped me.” Unfortunately, there are a lot of these situations where my staff members write these “comments” for me as well and I’ll include a few for you below. Now, I get why people do this. I see a lot of people on forums, online, and in person saying things like, “I purchased this product because someone else told me I would benefit from it.” But before you go throwing your money away on this person’s advice, I’d like to offer some advice.
Is Sitting in a Massage Chair Good for You?
It’s that time of year, where for many, the first-holiday celebration is at hand. And for some people, it may be time for a session of cozying up in a hot tub. It’s the perfect opportunity to test out all of the spa amenities for yourself. But are the massages you get really worth it?
The physical therapists and physical therapists assistant at Elite Therapy and Rehab in Nashua say if it works for you, it’s absolutely worth it. Physical therapist Jessica LoPinto says, “So a lot of the times if someone comes in who is still in pain, it doesn’t hurt to put a little bit of pressure on it. And even if it just gives you a little bit of relief, it’s definitely worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Should I Pay for a Good Massage Chair?
Investing in a massage chair is an intelligent decision—you will reap the rewards from one-time costs ranging from $999 to as much as $9,000 for sophisticated models with advanced features. What’s more, you’ll save time and money when compared to regular trips to receive massages. So no matter your budget, purchasing a massage chair turns out to be quite economical.
When you are shopping for a massage chair, be sure to consider your options carefully. Cheaper models may have fewer features and won’t last as long, while pricier ones offer more bells and whistles like customizable settings or advanced massage techniques. Doing your research before investing in one is essential if you want the best bang for your buck – read reviews from other customers so that you can make an informed decision.
Are Luxury Massage Chairs Worth It?
Whether luxury massage chairs are worth the investment depends on individual preferences and needs. Luxury massage chairs typically offer a wider range of massage techniques and customizable settings, as well as higher-quality materials and construction, compared to less expensive models. They may also have longer warranties and better customer support.
However, the additional features and higher price tag may not be necessary or desirable for everyone. It is important to consider factors such as your budget, the specific massage techniques and features you are looking for, and the overall quality and durability of the chair before making a decision. Reading reviews and trying out chairs in person can also be helpful in determining whether a luxury massage chair is worth the investment for you.
Final Verdict. What is the Best Alternative
This BestMassage chair is not worth your time. If you’re looking for a therapeutic chair, I can suggest some units that are poorly rated yet are still somehow better than this cheap and poorly-made chair. It has a lot of promising functions, and for the price, I did expect it to fall short in some areas. However, I was not expecting it to fall short in all aspects of the chair.
If you’re feeling enticed by the low price and the great reviews you see on Amazon, remember these few things:
- One of the companies that own BestMassage has an entire website dedicated to highlighting poor customer service, cheap chairs, and shady operations.
- Most customers who have rated this massage chair highly have ended up revoking their reviews a few weeks after. That’s exactly how long your chair will last at the minimum.
- The massage chair is a behemoth and very heavy. You won’t be able to install it yourself.
- The massage chair is made of cheap particle board and old massage technology.
- It promises a lot of features but isn’t able to deliver on any of them.
- The return policies are ignored completely by the company.
- Refunds are nearly non-existent, even if you don’t receive your chair.
- The warranty is not reliable.
- BestMassage is owned by three companies not accredited by the BBB and have C to F ratings on the BBB website.
Overall, I’d say that this massage chair is certainly not as good as the Kahuna LM6800. In fact, the Kahuna is among the best massage chairs if you are on a budget.
Its functions promise that it is better than the Kahuna, but its execution proves otherwise. If you’re looking for a cheap chair, there are other options in the market that deliver the same features without all the stress and poor execution.