I’m constantly looking for new budget-friendly massage chairs that can knock my favorites off their respective pedestals. So imagine my surprise when I came across this massage chair unit that promises it’s better than the Kahuna LM6800.
Unfortunately, I have to say it falls short. Here’s why:
This massage chair is best for the ones who manufacture it. Perhaps when they encounter the atrocious service and poor execution, they’ll understand what kind of massage chair they’re putting into the market. This massage chair is relatively cheap, and all I can say is you get what you pay for.
That said, not all “cheap” massage chairs provide this kind of disappointment. In fact, there are many budget-friendly options that exceed expectations. Take the Kahuna LM6800; for example, it’s a budget-friendly massage chair for under $1,500, yet it delivers features that can be found in higher-end models.
I truly do not understand how some customers who purchased this massage chair model have reported a great experience. To that, I can only say to each their own.
However, if you’re looking for a worthwhile massage chair and company to invest your money and entrust your wellness in, please try again later. Perhaps the company will improve in time.
For now, let’s take a look at what makes this massage chair and company not worth your money and time.
About The BestMassage Company
The BestMassage Company is owned by Factory Direct Wholesale or Pay Less Here, LLC and Cavalier Wholesale. Both distributors are stationed in Duluth, GA. Despite the company setting up roots in the US, their massage chairs are manufactured in China.
This is something we see done in many massage chair companies. However, not all of them use cheap components and boast ineffective designs.
Here are my key takeaways from the company:
- BestMassage chairs are quite cheap. That’s their main selling point. You’ll be able to have access to relatively cheap massage chairs that promise a lot of features usually found in higher-end units.
- The customer service is unreliable, to say the least. One can only presume that most of the stellar reviews this company has is thanks to customers who have not yet discovered the poor craftsmanship of their massage units.
- Pay Less Here, LLC is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. It is currently flagged with a C rating with four customer complaints that have been left unresolved.
- Factory Direct Wholesales, on the other hand, has an F rating on the BBB website. It’s also rated 1.1 stars on Google. Most of this can be attributed to the quality of their products (not a high quality), poor customer service, and shady return policies.
- Cavalier Wholesale has an entire website dedicated to its pissed customers.
That said, the companies behind BestMassage chairs are notorious for their abysmal service. Perhaps it isn’t the best choice to support a company that has an entire website dedicated to unsatisfied customers.
BestMassage Massage Chair Review (Features)
This Shiatsu Full Body Electric Massage Chair Recliner functions a built-in heat therapy air massage system with computerized body scan technology and different levels of massage modes.
This Shiatsu massage chair recliner is a massage chair that has 21 working airbags located strategically in the arms, shoulder, hips, thighs, calves, and feet for better and relaxing massage experience.
The workmanship on this massage chair is okay. However, the parts were not put together very well. The electric massagers and air massage functions are not too good as well. I’d say that this is a massage chair not worthy of the name.
Computerized Body Scan Technology – The computerized smart body scan technology has built-in sensors that scan your body to detect your body size and automatically measures the length of your spine to ensure precise upper and lower back massage.
- Hot sensors and 11 switch signals work together back and forth to measure the user’s body height for individual custom massage and massage range, and it automatically adjusts to fit different figures perfectly.
- The Smart scan also adjusts the massage intensity automatically to fit with the user’s body weight.
Air Massage System with Heat Therapy – The air massage system does work well with the heat therapy feature added by the company. It gives a pure and comfortable massage as a soft cushion with heat therapy helps relax and recover your joints and muscles faster.
- Heat therapy also increases blood circulation and lessens aches and the body pain you’ve been longing to go away.
- The air massage system has a total of 21 airbags located strategically in the arms, shoulders, hips, thighs, calves, and feet to ensure relaxation and fresh-new body feel. Multiple airbags located for the hips and thighs inflates for compression massage to align the lower back, spine, and pelvis area. It does not only give a massage; it also repairs and fixes body misalignments.
Adjustable Massage Chair – The massage chair can be adjusted according to your needs and automatically adjusts according to your body height and weight. It adjusts the angle of the massage chair to give you a comfortable and relaxing sitting position.
- The massage chair has 3 levels for each control; speed control, width control, and intensity control.
- The air massage feature has 4 levels and points that work together with different areas to provide a complete and relaxing massage.
- There are 7 modes to choose from; tapping, stretching, shiatsu, combo, air pressure, kneading, and heating.
- Preset auto programs have different massage methods to give you the best massage experience, including special stretching and full-body stretching.
- You can also choose manual massage to control the massage you deem fit. Your heart and body can relax because the massage chair targets all your essential body parts including the neck, shoulder, hips, back, thighs, calves, leg, and foot. Having these body parts massaged together gives you a perfect day and a goodnight’s sleep.
Summary: The Shiatsu Full Body Massage Chair Recliner is a perfect massage chair for a person that deals with everyday stress and back pains. It gives a comforting feeling and removes all the pain in your body. The color selections are good and the design is elegant, perfect for your home living room, office, bedroom and comfort zone. The massager massage chair cushion is very soft that gives you a sleeping-in-the-cloud like feeling. These massage chairs are protected with synthetic leather and stainless steel lining upholstery. Over-all it is good but does not work long enough to remove all your body pain, and chairs manufactured using cheap and substandard materials.
BestMassage EC-06 Massage Chair Specifications
Chair Dimensions: 55 inches x 42 inches x 35 inches
Product Weight: 300 pounds
Shipping Weight: 300 pounds
Manufacturer: BestMassage Chairs
Reliability and Warranty of BestMassage
At first, it seems like the BestMassage chair is truly worthy of its name. The warranty sounds reasonable enough, but if you wish to find out more, you’ll realize that there’s no information readily available regarding their warranty.
That said, even if you are able to find comprehensive information about the warranty online, or perhaps by some miracle, the customer service is able to respond to you to assure you of their great service, you’ll still end up disappointed.
Here are my key takeaways:
- BestMassage is not very reliable when it comes to refunds and returns. In some cases, customers have had trouble asking for a refund despite their massage chair not arriving.
- Customer service is selectively responsive. If it’s about purchasing the massage chair, they’re usually very accommodating. However, when it comes to problems, you’re better off trying to teach a pig how to bark.
One of the only things I appreciate about this company is that it delivers massage chair directly to your doorstep. However, some customers have reported that their massage chairs were left without notice at the bottom of their front porch steps.
That said, massage chairs are quite heavy as well. So you’ll usually need help to lift the chair. Even if you’re healthy, you could still end up hurting your back.
User Reviews, What are Customers Saying?
You will find some great reviews for this massage chair online. However, most of these reviews end up getting revoked by the customers who buy it. If you’re looking for a gag gift, then this massage chair is the perfect choice for you.
However, even as a joke, it’s not worth your time, effort, and stress.
Does Brookstone Still Sell Massage Chairs?
Brookstone closed all locations in 2017, leaving us wondering if it sold any massage chairs when it was around. Brookstone discontinued selling massage chairs in 2014, but did include them on its website during this time. When Brookstone was in operation, it also sold massage chairs under the Thomasville brand name. Brookstone is also now selling massage chairs through its new website, bookemall.com. Ever since Brookstone announced its bankruptcy in September 2018, it has been keeping its customers and fans on their toes about the status of its website and its physical locations. One of the most beloved online retailers of its kind, Brookstone will now be fully liquidated.
However, the Brookstone that once sold all manner of bathrobes, massage chairs, and other life-changing items will not be very different than the Brookstone that sold vibrating massagers and LED lanyards. While Brookstone’s bankruptcy is a big deal for the general public, I’m here to remind everyone that the retailer still does carry massage chairs and other miscellaneous items. Is Brookstone’s Massage Chair Any Good? Whether you’re a frequent Brookstone shopper or not, the company’s products are pricey. If you want a chair to lounge in, a massage, or any other one-time purchase, you’ll need to invest in some patience to wait for them to arrive. But if you buy the occasional Brookstone purchase, you’ll probably be happy with how the chair feels and whether it’s made from quality materials.
Are Massage Chairs Worth Buying?
The word chair is probably the single most misused and misused term in the world. What is a chair? A table? A stool? A throne? A balustrade? None of these terms have anything to do with a massage chair, which should be some sort of thing that reclines on something not much bigger than a room divider (but that’s a discussion for another time).
Massage chairs are nothing more than a reclining or tilting, a massage-like device designed to be comfortable, to provide pressure points and pressure points for pressure on the body, and hopefully relieve stress in any way it can. We like to think of them as comfortable armchairs, but then again, reclining can be very uncomfortable when there’s nothing to lean against or hold onto, and almost every massage chair you find that tilts are probably very uncomfortable and probably aren’t worth the money. If you are even contemplating getting a massage chair at all, the first question you might ask yourself.
Final Verdict. What is the Best Alternative
This BestMassage chair is not worth your time. If you’re looking for a therapeutic chair, I can suggest some units that are poorly rated yet are still somehow better than this cheap and poorly-made chair. It has a lot of promising functions, and for the price, I did expect it to fall short in some areas. However, I was not expecting it to fall short in all aspects of the chair.
If you’re feeling enticed by the low price and the great reviews you see on Amazon, remember these few things:
- One of the companies that own BestMassage has an entire website dedicated to highlighting the poor customer service, cheap chairs, and shady operations.
- Most customers who have rated this massage chair highly have ended up revoking their reviews a few weeks after. That’s exactly how long your chair will last at the minimum.
- The massage chair is a behemoth and very heavy. You won’t be able to install it yourself.
- The massage chair is made of cheap particle board and old technology.
- It promises a lot of features but isn’t able to deliver on any of them.
- The return policies are ignored completely by the company.
- Refunds are nearly non-existent, even if you don’t receive your chair.
- The warranty is not reliable.
- BestMassage is owned by three companies not accredited by the BBB and have C to F ratings on the BBB website.
Overall, I’d say that this massage chair is certainly not as good as the Kahuna LM6800. In fact, the Kahuna is among the best massage chairs if you are on a budget.
Its functions promise that it is better than the Kahuna, but its execution proves otherwise. If you’re looking for a cheap chair, there are other options in the market that deliver the same features without all the stress and poor execution.