Ideal Massage Chairs are relatively new to the market. Despite that, the brand and its zero gravity chairs have begun to dominate the budget-friendly massage chair market.
What makes this budget-friendly chair so popular?
Ar the all real?
A quick chair review comparison reveals that this highly-rated shiatsu chair has satisfied over 80% of its customers. But is it better than others in the budget-friendly price range, highly rated massage chairs such as the Kahuna LM6800? If you want to find out which massage chair is the best as of this month, read my ultimate guide here. It is updated monthly to provide you with the most up to date information!
Let’s take a closer look.
The iDeal massage full featured shiatsu zero gravity massage chair is a good massage chair. However, I feel like the reviews over delivered this massage chair. I felt completely underwhelmed.
That’s not to say that the chair wasn’t good. It was, the price is great and coincides with the features in this chair.
But I expected a lot more from such a highly reviewed chair, especially since it was compared so much to the Kahuna LM6800. The Kahuna is in a class all on its own within budget-priced massage chairs in the market.
I’ve read enough iDeal full featured shiatsu chair reviews and it led me to a different worthy alternative to the Kahuna LM6800.
Sadly, I was wrong. In this article, I’ll tell you why. But first, let’s take a look at the company that manufactures this massage chair.
About The Ideal Massage Company
The iDeal Massage Company has established itself on the Amazon platform. A quick look at the company’s profile reveals that their customer satisfaction is at 94%. This is relatively high. So you can just imagine why this company caught my eye.
Summary: A quick Amazon search reveals that the iDeal Massage Chair company is relatively eager to please their customers. This means they’ve found a good following for their chairs. However, I feel like they definitely do not live up to the hype.
Ideal Zero Gravity Massage Chair Notable Features & Benefits
This massage chair features a lot of therapeutic massage modes and massage functions. It is priced just under $1,500 and features the longest hybrid track in the industry. The company states that this ensures the chair gives the best massage available in the industry.
However, I think that the long hybrid track doesn’t do much better than standard hybrid tracks like those found in the Kahuna LM6800.
Let’s take a quick look at its best features:
Heat Therapy – The Ideal Zero Gravity Massage Chair features a heated massage session. It includes your lower back, upper back, and certain parts of your body. This massage function significantly improves any massage experience. I always opt for a massage chair that features heat therapy because of its benefits. You’ll enjoy feeling revitalized and fully relaxed with the substantial heated massage options on this unit.
Multiple Massage Options – this massage chair comes with multiple massage techniques. Each technique comes with its corresponding “tool.” For example, the kneading feature utilizes kneading balls to maximize your massage therapy session. Its other massage techniques include Shiatsu, Rolling, and Vibration Massage.
Three-Stage Zero Gravity – Unlike other massage chairs, you’ll enjoy all three known stages of zero gravity reclining with this massage chair. Although I’m undecided as to how “authentic” the zero-gravity positioning on this massage chair is, ultimately, it does increase the intensity of the massage programs. This allows you to reach a true deep-tissue massage that can be likened to that of the Super Novo.
Manual Modes – this massage chair allows you to custom-tailor your massage experience completely thanks to its manual modes. Coupled with the body scan technology, the rollers are able to accurately locate the curvature of your spine, and you’ll be able to control it in turn. This means you can maximize the whole program that can run for up to 30 minutes at a time.
Four Preset Massage Programs – if you’re not yet sure how to start with your manual massage, you’ll find four massage options that are ready to deliver a truly therapeutic experience. You can choose between any of these programs, knowing that they’ll deliver a human-like massage with ease. Unfortunately, these programs are quite loud despite being marketed as a quieter massage experience.
Advanced 3D Body Scan Technology – this massage chair’s body scan technology is accurate enough. It successfully locates the curves of your spine and delivers a good massage session. That said, some of its massage features are not the best. But if you aren’t particularly picky, they’re okay. At least it targets the right parts of your body.
Seamless Massage Setting – you are able to choose a fully customized massage experience by merging multiple programs together. The whole session can be extended up to 30 minutes and can include a mix of the different manual programs available on the massage chair’s interface.
Ideal Shiatsu Chair Massage Chair Specifications
Voltage: 120 volts
Frequency: 60 Hz
Energy Consumption: 230 watts maximum
Product Dimensions: 49 inches x 33 inches x 53 inches
Chair Weight: 200 lbs
Massage Track: Hybrid S and L-Track
Body Scan Technology: Yes
Maximum User Height: 6 ft. 3 in.
Warranty: Limited Three Year Warranty
Returns: 10 Day Return Policy
iDeal Shiatsu Chair Warranty & Service
Unsurprisingly, the company is highly regarded for its stellar customer service. That is perhaps the best selling point of this massage chair.
Despite that, I can’t help but wonder why the return period and the warranty itself is insubstantial.
You’ll notice that the chair comes with a standard limited three-year warranty. I feel like this warranty and return policy is insubstantial, to say the least.
- Warranty only covers electronic parts and framework. In the event of your chair’s upholstery getting damaged after a few uses, there’s really nothing you can do about it. Not to mention, you’d have to pay for the repairs out of your own pocket, which is ridiculous, to say the least.
- Returns will be charged a 20% restocking fee. The 10-day return policy is reasonable enough. However, I feel like this doesn’t give you enough time to decide whether the chair has serious problems with its construction. It’s only enough time to decide if you like it or not. On that note, you’ll have to ship it in its original box as well, and they will charge a 20% restocking fee for the inconvenience.
Summary: The company seems to be doing something good in regards to customer service. However, I can’t say I feel assured with the sketchy warranty and return policies they offer.
Conclusion. What is the Best Alternative?
Suffice to say that the iDeal Massage Chair did not meet my expectations. I feel like it was severely hyped up because of the stellar customer service, and most of the reviews come from users who have not encountered a better chair.
That said, it definitely does not measure up to the Kahuna LM6800. At its best, it does offer some of the same features you can find on the Kahuna. However, they’re not as well-executed.
- The iDeal Shiatsu Chair features a good enough arm massage. However, its design makes it so that your arms often pop out during the duration of your massage. Whereas you are unlikely to encounter this problem with the Kahuna.
- The iDeal chair’s neck positioning is quite uncomfortable. It’s very counterproductive at any point in the massage to have to readjust your neck or use a different pillow for neck support. On the contrary, the Kahuna features a plush headrest that sufficiently supports your neck.
- The foot massage is okay. The kneading balls are not very effective and would have been better if rollers were used in their place. The Kahuna, on the other hand, gives a very substantial foot massage that can effectively relax your feet while releasing tension.
- The iDeal massage chair is also quite loud. Coupled with the insubstantial neck support, this makes me feel like I’m trying to fit into a lower model massage chair without 3D technology. In fact, I’ve sat on some of the more “primitive” massage chairs before, and they all felt better than this chair. The loud noise comes from the transitions of the chair. It’s distracting, to say the least.
Ultimately, I would not recommend that you choose the iDeal Massage chair over the Kahuna LM6800. If you haven’t heard of the Kahuna yet, you should look into it.
It’s slightly more expensive, but it’s ultimately the better massage chair.
Summary: The iDeal Shiatsu Massage Chair is an okay investment. It’s priced reasonably. However, it comes with a set of very alarming challenges. Such discrepancies aren’t ideal for massage chairs since it severely limits the therapeutic effects of the chair itself. If you’re looking for a truly therapeutic massage chair with most of the same features, but with better execution, the Kahuna LM6800 is your best bet.