If you are in the market for an excellent massaging chair, then you already know how expensive it can be.
And unfortunately, not every model in the market is worth their steep price tag, but every once in a while, we get a rare exception.
The Human Touch Novo XT2 is one of those unique offerings that can meet all of your needs and expectations, and the fact that it’s highly reviewed among users and critics alike makes it all the more promising.
Human Touch Novo XT2 Review Summary
This is a brand known for implementing the latest tech for their products, and the Novo XT2 is no different. It features a 3D Quad Roller and Hybrid L&S-Track Combo that provides one of the best massaging experiences. Even other high-end models from other brands don’t use this technology yet.
Here are a few other features that make Human Touch’s Novo XT2 massage chair a good investment on my book:
- Plenty of preset Settings
- Ergonomic Zero-Gravity Seating
- Space-Saving Tech
- Numerous Massaging Options
- Lumbar Heating
- Extendable Ottoman
- MP3 And Bluetooth Support
- Comes Fully Assembled
This ergonomic recliner is a solid choice if you want a unit that doesn’t require too much space while still giving you the full gives you the full massaging experience.
With that said, this unit leans on the pricey side. And while it does have a lot to offer, it still might not be the most “best-value” model available.
Personally, I think that title goes to the Luraco i7 Plus. You’ll find out why when you see their side-by-side comparison. For more information, please check out my full massage chair review article.
Table of Contents
About The Human Touch Company
Human Touch is a brand that has built a diverse portfolio of massaging chairs and ergonomic recliners that help its users rejuvenate their bodies and mind.
Here are some of the more noteworthy things about this company:
- Human Touch’s Perfect Chairs and Robotic Massage chairs are the only seats recognized by the WFC (World Federation of Chiropractic) as products that can supplement back-care therapy.
- It uses patented technologies in most of its products to improve its performance. So far, they’ve implemented over 65 of these patented techs, including Figure-Eight, CirQlation, and Robotic Massages.
- Almost every Human Touch chair model is recognized as high-quality among consumers and experts alike. The Award Novo XT, for instance, was awarded the ADEX Platinum back in 2018.
Summary: This brand is a well-established and award-winning massaging chair manufacturer that’s known for using patented technologies to improve the performance of their products.
Novo XT2 Notable Features & Benefits
- 3D Quad Roller and Hybrid L&S-Track Combo
Using advanced quad rollers like these means that you get a deeper and more satisfying massaging experience (deep tissue massage). And if you’re familiar with the ergonomic S-Track build that many of the best recliners sport, the Hybrid L&S Track Unibody is essentially a direct upgrade.
- Preset Settings
You get nine preset options that you can access through the LCD remote. While Human Touch’s XT2 doesn’t have the automatic body scan technology that other high-end recliners feature, these pre-programmed settings are usually more than enough to satisfy your needs.
- Zero-Gravity Seating
Roller technology was normally enough to give you the best seating and massaging experience. But with the rise of zero-gravity seats, standards have risen exponentially. This type of seating slightly elevates your knees above your heart to give you a “weightless feeling” (hence, the name.)
Plenty of research shows this tech as therapeutic and beneficial for our health. Some benefits include improved circulation, faster post-operation recovery, and lower blood pressure.
- Space-Saving Tech
Don’t be fooled by the Novo XT2’s burly exterior. With its space-saving design, it can fit smaller rooms much easier than one might think.
Unlike your typical recliners that require a few feet’ clearances away from a wall, the Novo does it a bit differently. To give you how HT improves their products over time, the original Novo unit needed a nine-inch wall clearance, and the XT required five. With the XT2, however, only a mere two inches are required! Now that’s an improvement!
- Numerous Massaging Options
While the XT2 does offer some degree of manual operation, this model leans heavily on automated settings. With this unit, you get 35 different pre-programmed routines.
Here are some notable offerings:
- Awake – for the early mornings where you need a boost of energy
- Energize – Another energizing option that relieves pressure by stretching your body
Aside from these “specialized” massage techniques, you get a few conventional ones like:
- Air Massage
- Audio Sync
- Kneading and Percussion
You also have the option of focusing on a specific part of your body:
- Calf & Foot
- Upper Arm
- Lumbar Heat
Most high-end recliners nowadays offer some heating functions in one form or the other. And the Human Touch XT2 is no exception. On top of its therapeutic massages, you also get heat for added therapeutic value.
However, we have a few qualms with it. Given its steep price tag, you’d expect this unit to sport a fully adjustable heating experience. Sadly, there’s no option of changing the heat intensity, which might be a problem if you find it a tad too hot. And it’s only limited to your lumbar region.
- Extendable Ottoman
This feature automatically extends the ottoman to accommodate a broader height range (5’ – 6’9”.) Based on our experience, this function works well most of the time. Occasionally, though, it might require some small manual readjustments to get the exact fit you want.
- MP3 And Bluetooth Support
If you want a unit with an excellent sound system, HT goes all the way with its offerings. The chair features a blue-tooth compatible built-in speaker system.
And on top of that, it also comes with a USB port to charge your devices. Another small but welcome addition is its pre-programmed soundtracks that use calming and relaxing themes like rolling tides, nature sounds, and rain.
Despite having a ton of features and functions to work with, they’re arranged in a way that’s easy to understand and master. The LCD remote’s interface is well-organized.
And for those who don’t want to input massage intensity settings manually, this model’s extensive pre-programmed routines will let you bypass all that and enjoy your message in no time.
Another excellent plus is that the remote settings can come in many other languages. So if you’re not a native English speaker, this brand has got you covered.
- Comes Fully Assembled
Other brands require some form of assembly before you can use their unit, but the Human Touch XT2 is one of the rare exceptions. Once you receive your model, all you have to do is to connect it to a power source, and you’re good to go.
Summary: The HT XT2 boasts an extensive list of settings, much like every other massager in its price range. But it has an advantage in terms of convenience because, on top of being delivered to you fully assembled, it also features a user-friendly and design.
Novo XT Specifications
- Reclined Dimensions: 71″L, 31″W, 38″H
- Chair Dimensions: 63″L, 31″W, 43″H
- Rear Clearance Requirement: 2″
- Seat Dimensions: 19″W, 18″D
- Warranty: 5-Year Manufacturer’s Premium Warranty
- Package Dimensions: 76″L, 36″W, 31″H
- Red Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-012
- Espresso Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-015
- Black Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-011
- Cream Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-014
- Gray Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-013
- Package Weight: 330 pounds
- Product Weight: 294 pounds
- Load Weight Limit: 285 pounds
- Height Limit: 5’ to 6’4”
- Calf Massager Height: 12″
- Calf Massager Width: 4.5″
- Massage Robot Type: S-/L-Track Combo 3D Massage Tech
Reliability and Warranty
This brand’s products are always backed by a limited warranty to cover for material and workmanship defects. And warranty coverage starts after you purchase the unit.
Only the original owner can use this warranty, and it’s only valid within Canada or the US, as long as you operate the unit per its accompanying instructions.
For the HT Novo XT2 massage chair, You Get:
- In-home services: 1 year
- Parts Coverage: 3 years
- Structural Repairs: 5 years
Summary: It offers a generous 5-year manufacturer’s warranty for its Novo Unit. It’s only valid for users living in Canada or the US.
You’ll find that most online retailers will offer White Glove delivery and free shipping with this model. Some might even provide in-home setup and debris removal on top of that. This is a pretty common deal for expensive online products, but it’s still a big plus, nonetheless.
Summary: The HT XT2 is expensive enough that most retailers will offer free shipping along with other useful perks. Always compare all your options, so you get good available deal.
User Reviews, What Customers are Saying? Does It Work?
I have a friend who swears by the XT2. On top of her regular job and taking care of her household, she doesn’t get a lot of free time on her hands. That’s when she decided to get a massaging recliner to help her unwind whenever she has the chance. And according to her, it’s one of the best purchases she has ever made.
The XT2 is essentially a private spa that’s always available for your pleasure. So it comes to no surprise that while this model is definitely expensive, most online user reviews will tell you that it’s worth the price.
Summary: The general consensus based on personal experience and reviews from other owners online is that the HT XT2 provides a comprehensive massaging experience that offsets the expensive price tag.
Where Can I Buy Novo XT Massage Chair
The best place to check for the lowest prices and the best deals is Human Touch’s website or a trusted retailer like Amazon. Be sure to double-check if the seller you pick allows refunds because not all of them do.
Summary: Based on my experience, Amazon offers the good deals for this model. But it’s not a bad idea to check the Human Touch website and compare their offerings.
Questions & Answers
What colors does the XT2 Come In?
You can pick between red, espresso, black, cream, and gray. All of the upholstery used for this unit is made from synthetic leather that’s easier to clean and maintain.
What makes the L&S Track Hybrid Better?
Unlike the S-track that only follows your spine’s curve, the L&S track is essentially an extension of the former that reaches the top of your hamstrings. This design will give you a more comprehensive, full-body massaging experience.
What are its Maximum Height and Weight Limit?
Anyone between 5’ and 6’9” and below 285 pounds can use this unit. However, some users above 6’2” found the XT2 a bit difficult to use.
Novo XT2 vs Super Novo
These two models might come from the same brand, but they have some key differences that result in a very different experience.
Let’s start off with what makes them similar first:
- Near-identical aesthetic design
- Zero gravity build
- Lumbar heating
- L-Track roller system
- Clout Touch tech air compression system
- Built-in Bluetooth speakers system
- Full-body stretcher
- 5-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Multiple color options
The Super Novo features an integrated Alexa Virtual Assistant. You can use adapters to let you speak through any Alexa-capable device to access your unit’s functions.
- The Super Novo features 4D rollers. Unlike the XT2 which uses a 3D design, It is capable of running massages at variable rhythms and speeds on top of the x, y, and z, axis adjustments.
- The features two different stretch programs. While both units feature a full-body stretch, It also features knee flexion.
- The features more extensive heating. If you want a more full-body heating experience, It also features calf and feet heating.
- The Super Novo offers an optional remote pedestal. This attachment is placed on the unit’s armrest. While not exactly a jaw-dropping feature, it makes the remote control (or other important devices) a lot more accessible.
- You can control the Super Novo through your phone. You can use Android or Apple apps and operate your unit through most devices. This chair’s technology combined with these apps lets you store 100 user profiles, so you don’t have to manually input your preferred settings every time you want to use this chair.
- The features an additional color option. Units are known for having an extensive color list, so you get plenty of options either way. But their latest color addition called “Saddle” sports a leathery look with a nice, high-end quality.
- The Super Novo lets you use different chair settings without its remote control. These quick keys can be pretty handy if you want to make quick adjustments on the fly without the need to reach for the remote.
- Super Novo uses a better music system. You get an enhanced version of the XT2’s Altec Lansing speaker units, so you get an overall better sound experience.
Summary: The Super Novo proves to be the overall better option. However, it comes at a much steeper price. So if you want a more budget-friendly model, the XT2 is still a solid choice.
Novo XT2 vs Luraco I7 Plus
If you remembered at the start of this review where I mentioned that the Luraco i7 Plus might be the better “best-value” model, and you’ll see why.
The i7 is known in the industry as one of the best, and it’s even won multiple awards from different institutions.
Before you learn why I think this model is the better choice, let’s see what they have in common first:
- 5 massage intensity levels
- Zero-gravity build
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The i7 Plus comes with memory settings. This practical and time-saving feature lets you save your preferences into the system. You can store 5 different settings so more than one person can take advantage of this function.
- The i7 Plus features better massaging technology. With the i7, you get a unit that automatically scans your body to give you a massage that fits you best. It also uses a True 3D system that can target your neck, shoulder, and lower back.
- The i7 Plus features a better acupressure feature. This setting uses air cells that apply pressure throughout different points of your body. The XT2 utilizes 36 airbags while the i7 plus uses a whopping 80.
- The i7 Plus comes with a more extensive heating function. The XT2 only heats the lumbar area while the i7 provides heat for the back, feet, and seat area with 5 intensity levels available.
- The i7 Plus is more silent. While both models are pretty quiet, the i7 plus is by far the most noise-free massaging recliner I’ve tested.
- The XT2 is more space saving. If you don’t have much free space, you’ll appreciate the XT2’s space saver function which only requires a 2-inch space at the back of the unit.
Summary: Despite having a fairly similar price point (with the i7 Plus being slightly more expensive), the i7 Plus offers a better massaging and heating experience across the board. However, you might benefit more from the XT2’s design if you don’t have a lot of free space in your home.
Human Touch Super Novo Massage Chair
Human Touch Super Novo massage chair for $1,700 (save $250) This deal on the Human Touch Super Novo is particularly interesting. Though its listed price of $1,899 is the same as its regular price, the company is currently offering a $250 mail-in rebate, bringing the effective price down to $1,698. Human Touch Super Novo massage chair is ideal for light and fast bodywork, helping you to feel at one with your relaxation and unwinding process. Whether it’s to relieve back pain, reduce tension, improve circulation, or release muscle tension, the massager will be able to help you on your journey to feeling more relaxed and balanced. The massage chair includes 9 massage settings (natural, full or extra deep), a variety of massage modes, and different settings for each, as well as a pulsation mode, giving users the opportunity to achieve a therapeutic feeling of a professional massage.
The chair also has the capacity to be controlled with a single button, or a flexible remote control. The chair also allows for 360-degree rotation with its 360-degree swivel and reclining motion. Boasting 4-day battery life, the super tech massage chair is designed for ultimate comfort. Of course, you’ll also get 360-degree, vibration-enabled reclining capabilities and some cool functionality. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to adjust to your level of comfort. Take a look at some of the super tech massage chair’s awesome features: Compact Design, Massage Motor, Chair-Glide, Nail Trim Mechanism. By no means should you feel intimidated? I have a chair with an armrest that will last me forever — and I’m a far cry from a typical person.
Human Touch Sana Massage Chair
Purpose-built for work-life balance, the Sana has all the feel-good benefits of a traditional pedicure chair, but with extra perks like automatic recline, head-rest, foot massage, and armrest massage technology. Unlike most electric chairs, which stay on until you remove them, the Sana slides back into itself with the press of a button. It even has its own USB charging port, for a quick snack or a hot-water bottle to relieve that chill.
The old cliche is often true: If you want something for nothing, you have to pay for it first. But free is good, too. Gratis Style’s smartly designed smartphone tray features an insert that clips to the back of any smartphone and comes with a Velcro-equipped, plastic casing in five colors. The idea is that you can leave your phone in the tray as you work – and let someone else deal with calls and texts. It’s a neat, convenient, and stylish addition.
Human Touch Warranty
Are you in the market for a massaging chair? There is a new addition to the collection of The Home Depot, the Human Touch Massage Chair. This means it has the new Human Touch comfort technology. It also has a five-year warranty on it. Individual warranty. 1-year limited warranty. Limited time, no questions asked warranty. Price excludes taxes and shipping and handling. We cannot offer additional discounts.
Human Touch Certus
While not exactly the priciest chair on the list, this luxury chair is basically unrivaled in the way it promotes a holistic, relaxing experience for both your body and mind. The Human Touch Certus Massage Chair comes with aromatherapy, percussive massaging, and three custom massage settings — one for deep tissue, one for hip flexor, and one for more of a static stretch. It comes with ergonomic footrests and an adjustable strap that lets you add a seat pad or bolster. Embrace Series. An office chair, with an elegant look and cushy amenities, also comes with massaging capabilities.
Human Touch Novo XT vs XT2
The Human Touch Novo XT and XT2 are two high-end massage chairs that offer a range of advanced features and technologies. While both models share many similarities, there are some key differences that may influence which chair is the better choice for certain individuals.
Design and Appearance
One of the most noticeable differences between the Novo XT and XT2 is their design and appearance. The Novo XT features a sleek, modern design with a unique L-track system that extends from the neck to the glutes. It also includes a distinctive cloud touch acupressure system and zero-gravity recline position. The Novo XT2, on the other hand, has a more classic design with a traditional S-track system that extends from the neck to the lower back. It also has a four-dimensional massage system that includes a foot and calf massager.
Both the Novo XT and XT2 offer a range of massage techniques, including kneading, tapping, and rolling. The Novo XT, however, also includes a cloud touch acupressure system that uses strategically placed air cells to apply pressure to specific acupoints on the body. This system mimics the traditional Chinese acupressure technique, providing a deeper level of relaxation and pain relief. The XT2, meanwhile, features a four-dimensional massage system that includes a foot and calf massager for a full-body massage experience.
Another key difference between the Novo XT and XT2 is their customization options. The Novo XT allows users to customize their massage experience with five intensity settings and three deep-tissue massage programs. It also includes built-in Bluetooth speakers and a USB port for charging devices. The Novo XT2, on the other hand, offers more customization options with six intensity settings and 36 massage programs to choose from. It also includes a variety of massage modes, including full-body, stretch, and recovery modes.
The Novo XT and XT2 are both high-end massage chairs, but the XT2 is slightly more expensive than the XT. The Novo XT typically retails for around $7,000, while the Novo XT2 is priced at around $8,000. While both chairs are a significant investment, the additional customization options and features of the XT2 may make it worth the extra cost for some individuals.
Overall, both the Human Touch Novo XT and XT2 are advanced massage chairs that offer a range of benefits for relaxation and pain relief. The Novo XT is a sleek and modern chair that includes a unique cloud touch acupressure system, while the XT2 is a more traditional chair with a four-dimensional massage system that includes a foot and calf massager. The choice between the two will ultimately depend on individual preferences, needs, and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Human Touch Massage Chairs Last?
The lifespan of Human Touch massage chairs, like all massage chairs, can vary depending on several factors, including usage, maintenance, and the specific model. On average, a well-maintained Human Touch massage chair can last between 5 to 10 years or even longer. However, it’s important to understand the factors that influence the longevity of these chairs:
- Quality and Build: The quality of materials and construction can significantly impact a massage chair’s durability. Human Touch is known for producing high-quality massage chairs, and models with robust frames and components are likely to have a longer lifespan.
- Usage Frequency: How often the massage chair is used plays a crucial role in determining its lifespan. Chairs that are used daily or for extended periods may experience more wear and tear, potentially shortening their lifespan.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential to prolong the life of a massage chair. This includes cleaning the chair, checking for loose or damaged parts, and following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance procedures.
- Model and Technology: Different Human Touch massage chair models come with varying levels of complexity and technology. Models with more advanced features may require more maintenance and could have a slightly shorter lifespan due to the complexity of their components.
- User Weight: The weight of the users can impact the chair’s longevity. Exceeding the recommended weight limit for the chair may lead to increased stress on the components and potentially shorten its lifespan.
- Environmental Factors: The environment in which the massage chair is placed can also affect its lifespan. Exposure to direct sunlight, extreme temperatures, or high humidity can accelerate wear and tear.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: Most Human Touch massage chairs come with warranties that cover certain components for a specified period. The length and terms of the warranty can provide an indication of the manufacturer’s confidence in the chair’s durability.
- Repairs and Replacements: In some cases, repairs or component replacements can extend the life of a massage chair. However, availability of spare parts and the cost of repairs should be considered.
To maximize the lifespan of a Human Touch massage chair, it’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for maintenance and usage. Regularly inspect the chair for signs of wear and address any issues promptly to prevent further damage. Additionally, storing the chair in a suitable environment away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures can help extend its life.
In conclusion, the lifespan of a Human Touch massage chair can range from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on factors such as build quality, usage, maintenance, and environmental conditions. Proper care and maintenance are crucial for ensuring the chair continues to provide relaxation and therapeutic benefits over an extended period.
What are the Disadvantages of a Massage Chair?
While massage chairs offer numerous benefits, including relaxation, pain relief, and improved circulation, they also come with certain disadvantages that users should consider before investing in one.
One of the primary disadvantages of massage chairs is their initial cost. High-quality massage chairs can be expensive, ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars. This upfront investment may be prohibitive for some individuals, especially those on a tight budget.
Another drawback is the space requirement. Massage chairs are typically bulky and require a significant amount of space in the home or office. This can be problematic for individuals with limited space or those living in small apartments or condominiums. Additionally, moving a massage chair from one location to another can be challenging due to its size and weight.
Maintenance is another consideration. Like any mechanical device, massage chairs require regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance and longevity. This may include cleaning the upholstery, lubricating moving parts, and addressing any technical issues that arise. Failure to properly maintain a massage chair can lead to decreased effectiveness and potential breakdowns over time.
While massage chairs are designed to provide relaxation and relief from muscle tension, they may not be suitable for everyone. Individuals with certain medical conditions or injuries should consult with a healthcare professional before using a massage chair. In some cases, the pressure exerted by the massage rollers may exacerbate existing conditions or cause discomfort. Pregnant women, for example, should avoid using certain massage chair features that target specific pressure points, as it may potentially induce labor or cause other complications.
Furthermore, despite advancements in technology, massage chairs may not fully replicate the hands-on experience of a professional massage therapist. While they can provide relief from muscle tension and soreness, they may lack the intuition and precision of human touch. Some users may find that certain areas of their body are not adequately targeted or that the massage feels too mechanical.
In conclusion, while massage chairs offer convenience and numerous health benefits, they also have several disadvantages to consider, including high initial costs, space requirements, maintenance needs, suitability for certain individuals, and limitations in replicating human touch. Potential buyers should weigh these factors carefully and consider their individual needs and circumstances before purchasing a massage chair.
With such a steep price for even the most affordable models, massage chairs are a buying decision that takes a lot of time and consideration.
The Human Touch Novo XT2 massage chair is an excellent unit that gives a comprehensive massaging experience that most people will be satisfied with. And its space-saving design makes it a lot easier to install even in the smallest spaces. On top of that, it comes fully assembled so you can immediately use it after arrival!
With that said, the Luraco is still the best choice in my book. This award-winning model provides a better massage and heating experience across the board. It’s actually scientifically proven to provide numerous health benefits such as:
- Stress relief
- Lowering your blood pressure
- Lowering your heart rate
In fact, it’s even recognized by the FDA as a medical device, which is why you’ll find many health professionals recommending this model.
Buy the Luraco if you want to make the best investment possible!