If you are in the market for an excellent massaging chair, then you already know how expensive it can be.
And unfortunately, not every model in the market is worth their steep price tag, but every once in awhile, we get a rare exception.
The Human Touch Novo XT2 is one of those unique offerings that can meet all of your needs and expectations, and the fact that it’s highly reviewed among users and critics alike makes it all the more promising.
Human Touch Novo XT2 Review Summary
Human Touch is a brand known for implementing the latest tech for their products, and the Novo XT2 is no different. It features a 3D Quad Roller and Hybrid L&S-Track Combo that provides one of the best massaging experiences. Even other high-end models from other brands don’t use this technology yet.
Here are a few other features that make Human Touch’s Novo XT2 massage chair a good investment on my book:
- Plenty of preset Settings
- Ergonomic Zero-Gravity Seating
- Space-Saving Tech
- Numerous Massaging Options
- Lumbar Heating
- Extendable Ottoman
- MP3 And Bluetooth Support
- Comes Fully Assembled
This ergonomic recliner is a solid choice if you want a unit that doesn’t require too much space while still giving you the full gives you the full massaging experience.
With that said, this unit leans on the pricey side. And while it does have a lot to offer, it still might not be the most “best-value” model available.
Personally, I think that title goes to the Luraco i7 Plus. You’ll find out why when you see their side by side comparison. For more information, please check out my full massage chair review article.
About The Human Touch Company
Human Touch is a brand that has built a diverse portfolio of massaging chairs and ergonomic recliners that help its users rejuvenate their body and mind.
Here are some of the more noteworthy things about this company:
- Human Touch’s Perfect Chairs and Robotic Massage chairs are the only seats recognized by the WFC (World Federation of Chiropractic) as products that can supplement back-care therapy.
- Human Touch uses patented technologies in most of their products to improve their performance. So far, they’ve implemented over 65 of these patented techs, including Figure-Eight, CirQlation, and Robotic Massages.
- Almost every Human Touch chair model is recognized as high-quality among the consumers and experts alike. The Award Novo XT, for instance, was awarded the ADEX Platinum back in 2018.
Summary: The Human Touch brand is a well-established and award-winning massaging chair manufacturer that’s known for using patented technologies to improve the performance of their products.
Human Touch Novo XT2 Notable Features & Benefits
- 3D Quad Roller and Hybrid L&S-Track Combo
Using advanced quad rollers like these means that you get a deeper and more satisfying massaging experience (deep tissue massage). And if you’re familiar with the ergonomic S-Track build that many of the best recliners sport, the Hybrid L&S Track is essentially a direct upgrade.
- Preset Settings
You get nine preset options that you can access through the LCD remote. While Human Touch’s Novo XT2 doesn’t have the automatic body scan technology that other high-end recliners feature, these pre-programmed settings are usually more than enough to satisfy your needs.
- Zero-Gravity Seating
Roller technology was normally enough to give you the best seating and massaging experience. But with the rise of zero-gravity seats, standards have risen exponentially. This type of seating slightly elevates your knees above your heart to give you a “weightless feeling” (hence, the name.)
Plenty of research shows this tech as therapeutic and beneficial for our health. Some benefits include improved circulation, faster post-operation recovery, and lower blood pressure.
- Space-Saving Tech
Don’t be fooled by the Novo XT2’s burly exterior. With its space saving design, it can fit smaller rooms much easier than one might think.
Unlike your typical recliners that require a few feet’s clearances away from a wall, the Novo does it a bit differently. To give you how Human Touch improves their products over time, the original Novo unit needed a nine-inch wall clearance, and the Novo XT required five. With the XT2, however, only a mere two inches are required! Now that’s an improvement!
- Numerous Massaging Options
While the XT2 does offer some degree of manual operation, this model leans heavily on automated settings. With this unit, you get 35 different pre-programmed routines.
Here are some notable offerings:
- Awake – for the early mornings where you need a boost of energy
- Energize – Another energizing option that relieves pressure by stretching your body
Aside from these “specialized” massage techniques, you get a few conventional ones like:
- Air Massage
- Audio Sync
- Kneading and Percussion
You also have the option of focusing on a specific part of your body:
- Calf & Foot
- Upper Arm
- Lumbar Heat
Most high-end recliners nowadays offer some heating functions in one form or the other. And the Human Touch XT2 is no exception. On top of its therapeutic massages, you also get heat for added therapeutic value.
However, we have a few qualms with it. Given its steep price tag, you’d expect this unit to sport a fully adjustable heating experience. Sadly, there’s no option of changing the heat intensity, which might be a problem if you find it a tad too hot. And it’s only limited to your lumbar region.
- Extendable Ottoman
This feature automatically extends the ottoman to accommodate a broader height range (5’ – 6’9”.) Based on our experience, this function works well most of the time. Occasionally, though, it might require some small manual readjustments to get the exact fit you want.
- MP3 And Bluetooth Support
If you want a unit with an excellent sound system, Human Touch goes all the way with its offerings. The chair features a blue-tooth compatible built-in speaker system.
And on top of that, it also comes with a USB port to charge your devices. Another small but welcome addition is its pre-programmed soundtracks that use calming and relaxing themes like rolling tides, nature sounds, and rain.
Despite having a ton of features and functions to work with, they’re arranged in a way that’s easy to understand and master. The LCD remote’s interface is well-organized.
And for those who don’t want to input massage settings manually, this model’s extensive pre-programmed routines will let you bypass all that and enjoy your message in no time.
Another excellent plus is that the remote settings can come in many other languages. So if you’re not a native English speaker, this brand has got you covered.
- Comes Fully Assembled
Other brands require some form of assembly before you can use their unit, but the Human Touch XT2 is one of the rare exceptions. Once you receive your model, all you have to do is to connect it to a power source, and you’re good to go.
Summary: The Human Touch Novo XT2 boasts an extensive list of settings, much like every other massager in its price range. But it has an advantage in terms of convenience because, on top of being delivered to you fully assembled, it also features a user-friendly and design.
Novo XT Specifications
- Reclined Dimensions: 71″L, 31″W, 38″H
- Chair Dimensions: 63″L, 31″W, 43″H
- Rear Clearance Requirement: 2″
- Seat Dimensions: 19″W, 18″D
- Warranty: 5-Year Manufacturer’s Premium Warranty
- Package Dimensions: 76″L, 36″W, 31″H
- Red Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-012
- Espresso Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-015
- Black Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-011
- Cream Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-014
- Gray Model Number: 100-NOVOXT-013
- Package Weight: 330 pounds
- Product Weight: 294 pounds
- Load Weight Limit: 285 pounds
- Height Limit: 5’ to 6’4”
- Calf Massager Height: 12″
- Calf Massager Width: 4.5″
- Massage Robot Type: S-/L-Track Combo 3D Massage Tech
Reliability and Warranty
This brand’s products are always backed by a limited warranty to cover for material and workmanship defects. And warranty coverage starts after you purchase the unit.
Only the original owner can use this warranty, and it’s only valid within Canada or the US, as long as you operate the unit per its accompanying instructions.
For the Human Touch Novo XT2 massage chair, You Get:
- In-home services: 1 year
- Parts Coverage: 3 years
- Structural Repairs: 5 years
Summary: Human touch offers a generous 5-year manufacturer’s warranty for its Novo Unit. It’s only valid for users living in Canada or the US.
You’ll find that most online retailers will offer White Glove delivery and free shipping with this model. Some might even provide in-home setup and debris removal on top of that. This is a pretty common deal for expensive online products, but it’s still a big plus, nonetheless.
Summary: The Human Touch XT2 is expensive enough that most retailers will offer free shipping along with other useful perks. Always compare all your options, so you get the best available deal.
User Reviews, What Customers are Saying? Does It Work?
I have a friend who swears by the XT2. On top of her regular job and taking care of her household, she doesn’t get a lot of free time on her hands. That’s when she decided to get a massaging recliner to help her unwind whenever she has the chance. And according to her, it’s one of the best purchases she has ever made.
The XT2 is essentially a private spa that’s always available for your pleasure. So it comes to no surprise that while this model is definitely expensive, most online user reviews will tell you that it’s worth the price.
Summary: The general consensus based on personal experience and reviews from other owners online is that the Human Touch XT2 provides a comprehensive massaging experience that offsets the expensive price tag.
Where Can I Buy Novo XT Massage Chair
The best place to check for the lowest prices and the best deals is Human Touch’s website or a trusted retailer like Amazon. Be sure to double-check if the seller you pick allows refunds because not all of them do.
Summary: Based on my experience, Amazon offers the best deals for this model. But it’s not a bad idea to check the Human Touch website and compare their offerings.
Human Touch Novo XT2 Questions & Answers
What colors does the XT2 Come In?
You can pick between red, espresso, black, cream, and gray. All of the upholstery used for this unit is made from synthetic leather that’s easier to clean and maintain.
What makes the L&S Track Hybrid Better?
Unlike the S-track that only follows your spine’s curve, the L&S track is essentially an extension of the former that reaches the top of your hamstrings. This design will give you a more comprehensive, full-body massaging experience.
What are its Maximum Height and Weight Limit?
Anyone between 5’ and 6’9” and below 285 pounds can use this unit. However, some users above 6’2” found the XT2 a bit difficult to use.
Novo XT2 vs Super Novo
These two models might come from the same brand, but they have some key differences that result in a very different experience.
Let’s start off with what makes them similar first:
- Near-identical aesthetic design
- Zero gravity build
- Lumbar heating
- L-Track roller system
- Clout Touch tech air compression system
- Built-in Bluetooth speakers system
- Full-body stretcher
- 5-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Multiple color options
The Super Novo features an integrated Alexa Virtual Assistant. You can use adapters to let you speak through any Alexa-capable device to access your unit’s functions.
- The Super Novo features 4D rollers. Unlike the XT2 that uses a 3D design, the Super Novo is capable of running massages at variable rhythms and speeds on top of the x, y, and z, axis adjustments.
- The Super Novo features two different stretch programs. While both units feature a full-body stretch, the Super Novo also features knee flexion.
- The Super Novo features more extensive heating. If you want a more full-body heating experience, the Super Novo also features calf and feet heating.
- The Super Novo offers an optional remote pedestal. This attachment is placed on the unit’s armrest. While not exactly a jaw-dropping feature, it makes the remote control (or other important devices) a lot more accessible.
- You can control the Super Novo through your phone. You can use Android or Apple apps and operate your unit through most devices. This chair’s technology combined with these apps lets you store 100 user profiles, so you don’t have to manually input your preferred settings every time you want to use this chair.
- The Super Novo features an additional color option. Novo units are known for having an extensive color list, so you get plenty of options either way. But their latest color addition called “Saddle” sports a leathery look with a nice, high-end quality.
- The Super Novo lets you use different chair settings without its remote control. These quick keys can be pretty handy if you want to make quick adjustments on the fly without the need to reach for the remote.
- Super Novo uses a better music system. You get an enhanced version of the XT2’s Altec Lansing speaker units, so you get an overall better sound experience.
Summary: The Super Novo proves to be the overall better option. However, it comes at a much steeper price. So if you want a more budget-friendly model, the XT2 is still a solid choice.
Novo XT2 vs Luraco I7 Plus
If you remembered at the start of this review where I mentioned that the Luraco i7 Plus might be the better “best-value” model, and you’ll see why.
The i7 is known in the industry as one of the best, and it’s even won multiple awards from different institutions.
Before you learn why I think this model is the better choice, let’s see what they have in common first:
- 5 massage intensity levels
- Zero-gravity build
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The i7 Plus comes with memory settings. This practical and time-saving feature lets you save your preferences into the system. You can store 5 different settings so more than one person can take advantage of this function.
- The i7 Plus features a better massaging technology. With the i7, you get a unit that automatically scans your body to give you a massage that fits you best. It also uses a True 3D system that can target your neck, shoulder, and lower back.
- The i7 Plus features a better acupressure feature. This setting uses air cells that apply pressure throughout different points of your body. The XT2 utilizes 36 airbags while the i7 plus uses a whopping 80.
- The i7 Plus comes with a more extensive heating function. The XT2 only heats the lumbar area while the i7 provides heat for the back, feet, and seat area with 5 intensity levels available.
- The i7 Plus is more silent. While both models are pretty quiet, the i7 plus is by far the most noise-free massaging recliner I’ve tested.
- The XT2 is more space saving. If you don’t have much free space, you’ll appreciate the XT2’s space saver function that only requires a 2-inch space at the back of the unit.
Summary: Despite having a fairly similar price point (with the i7 Plus being slightly more expensive), the i7 Plus offers a better massaging and heating experience across the board. However, you might benefit more from the XT2’s design if you don’t have a lot of free space in your home.
With such a steep price for even the most affordable models, massage chairs are a buying decision that takes a lot of time and consideration.
The Human Touch Novo XT2 massage chair is an excellent unit that gives a comprehensive massaging experience that most people will be satisfied with. And its space-saving design makes it a lot easier to install even in the smallest spaces. On top of that, it comes fully assembled so you can immediately use it after arrival!
With that said, the Luraco is still the best choice in my book. This award-winning model provides a better massage and heating experience across the board. It’s actually scientifically proven to provide numerous health benefits such as:
- Stress relief
- Lowering your blood pressure
- Lowering your heart rate
In fact, it’s even recognized by the FDA as a medical device, which is why you’ll find many health professionals recommending this model.
Buy the Luraco if you want to make the best investment possible!