If you’re eyeing the massage chair industry, you’ve probably heard about Kahuna chairs. You’ll adore the fact that these chairs carry a wide array of options from budget buys to luxury purchases.
You’ll also enjoy the more feature-specific options of Kahuna. You’ll also appreciate the price-worthiness of Kahuna’s units. Unlike other brands like Osaki, they’re not overpriced, yet they’re not skimpy on the features either.
Imagine my surprise when I came across their best budget chair; for under $1500, it came with zero-gravity reclining functions. Not only that, but the zero-g positioning was also executed incredibly well. It felt like a more expensive chair. Read my full guide if you want to find out which massage chair is the best in the world right now.
But that’s only one of the things you’ll like about Kahuna, keep reading…
- 1. Kahuna LM6800 – TOP Chair on a Budget
- 2. Kahuna SM 7300 – BEST VALUE
- 3. Kahuna SM9000
- 4. Kahuna Exquisite Rhythmic
- 5. Kahuna LM 7000
- 6. Kahuna LM-7800
About the Company
Kahuna chairs have steadily grown notoriety in the massage chair community. I’m not surprised at all. There are several budget-friendly massage chairs in Kahuna’s catalog, and nearly all of them are either decent or great.
I want to clarify that they’re not the best in the industry. My all-time favorite massage chair is expensive but it is not a Kahuna.
However, their are a great investment if you’re looking for a middle-class massage chair. There are a variety of options that fits into a moderately reasonable budget.
There are a few things I like about their company.
I’m sure you’ll appreciate them as well.
True to the motto – Kahuna prides itself on sending out massage chairs that will provide the ultimate relaxation experience to its users. You’ll appreciate their consistency in delivering satisfactory massage chairs that are efficiently therapeutic.
- I appreciate that the company takes pride in its products, and that is seen with every model they release.
Excellent Customer Service and After Sales Support – I appreciate a company that values its customers. This benefits you too, and you know that your purchase is well worth it if the company takes the time to pursue your satisfaction after the sale.
- There are several ways you can contact the company. The responses are quick, efficient, and usually not the usual “copy-pasted” spiel other companies use.
Various Warranty Options – Who says only high-end models need extensive warranty coverage? Despite the reliability of models, it’s still important to be covered in case of factory defects. The standard warranty for each model is a decent enough option. However, you can also opt for extended, limited, and premium warranties for a small added fee.
- Some units come with a generously decent warranty. Take the LM-8800S 3D; for example, each purchase comes with a solid 10-year warranty.
Innovative and Advanced Features – I highly applaud Kahuna for consistently providing massage chairs that rival top (higher-end) brands for nearly half the price. There are options that give you premiumcharacteristics like zero gravity recline or advanced heating therapy.
- Take the Kahuna SM7300; for example, it boasts a premium zero-gravity position and a host of other useful features. A unit with the same features from Osaki costs around $3000, while it offers it for a little over $1500.
- You might argue that Osaki might perform the said features better. However, that’s simply not the case. I’ll get into the details later.
Summary: It is an incredibly reliable company that consistently delivers high-quality and price-worthy massage chair recliners. They have stellar customer service and very reasonable warranty options.
Best Kahuna Massage Chair Models (List for 2023)
One thing you’ll appreciate about Kahuna chairs is that there are multiple options for everyone. Another thing you’ll enjoy is that Kahuna carries multiple budget-friendly options without compromising on quality.
Here are my top 8 best Kahuna chairs:
1. LM6800 – Best Budget Chair
One of the best features of this Kahuna is its affordability. Despite its affordability, it doesn’t skimp on its features. So you’ll still be able to enjoy a fully packed chair with the following attributes:
Special Yoga Stretching – It’s no secret that yoga poses are some of the most beneficial stretching exercises. But it can be difficult to practice yoga when you’re either too tired or not very flexible. Luckily, the special yoga stretching feature on this unit brings you all the benefits without effort.
Exclusive SH-Chiro – You’ll enjoy the unique technique exclusively affiliated with chairs. This one-of-a-kind massage technique will effectively eliminate any negative energy trapped within your vertebrae. This will aid and facilitate muscle recovery and overall healing.
L-Track Dual Roller System – Despite the low price point of this highly efficient LM6800, you’ll still reap the benefits of an advanced L-Track dual roller system. You’ll enjoy the extra attention on your glutes and thighs, as well as your back.
Summary: For a massage chair under $1500, it’s worth the extra effort to assemble. However, if you have little space, you will need to consider clearing out the room for this unit.
2. SM 7300 – Best Value
Kahuna SM 7300 gives you the best value for your money. It’s often compared to the Osaki 4000 because of its features. However, unlike the Osaki massage chair, it isn’t overpriced. At a little over $1500, you’re getting a quality chair with the following qualities:
Triple Hip Airbags – You’ll enjoy the added attention to your hips with the upgraded triple hip airbags. This feature is designed to envelop your hips and facilitate blood flow while giving you near-instant relief.
Multiple Massage Techniques – You’ll enjoy the wide variety of techniques on this model. You’re sure to experience a wide range of relaxation techniques with different modes designed to relax, release tension, and improve your overall health.
Versatile – This unit is a favorite among users thanks to its versatile build. It easily accommodates nearly all body types and carries a weight capacity of up to 320 lbs.
Summary: If you’re looking for a completely therapeutic experience, this model is the best choice for you. It features some of the best and most advanced features for under $3000.
3. SM9000 – Best Luxury
If you’re looking for a luxury model, the Kahuna SM-9000 is a strong contender. This unit costs a little over $8000 and brings features that can be seen on more expensive massage chairs.
You’ll love the following features:
Smooth Transitions – You won’t have to worry about hearing squeaks or experiencing unpleasant transitions as your massage chair reclines. The premium craftsmanship on this SM9000 makes sure there’s nothing that distracts you from relaxing.
AIRFLOAT 3D+ – You’ll love the superior massage features on these massage chairs 3d massage chairs. It comes with a high-tech SL-Track system and 6 exclusive infrared heated rollers. You’ll love the extra heat and therapeutic massage that improves your overall health and mood.
Space Efficient Design – You’ll love the ameliorated forward sliding mechanism on this unit. It saves you space when reclining because the chair slides forward to save you wall space.
Summary: If your budget is on the higher end of the spectrum, this luxurious model is perfect for you. You’ll enjoy the uninhibited therapeutic experience and space-saving forward sliding technology that maximizes your wall clearance.
4. Exquisite Rhythmic – Best Model With Head Massage
Aside from the beautiful champagne finish on this truly exquisite massage chair, you’ll enjoy that it pampers you from head to toe. It’s one of the few massage chairs I’ve seen in the market that gives attention to your head.
You’ll also love the following characteristics:
Zero-Gravity Positioning – You’ll love relaxing after a long day of work in a virtually weightless position. This not only prevents your body from developing further stress and tension, but it also helps you maximize the effects of your massage.
Easy Installation – Unfortunately, there is still some assembly required for this unit. However, this unit is significantly easier to install compared to other models.
- If you want to eliminate the installation and assembly process entirely, it offers a reliable and reasonable white-glove service.
Completely Automatic – The whole chairs massage is automatic. You’ll enjoy the power recline, auto leg extension, and triple-level foot massage intensity controls.
Summary: You’ll love this stunning massage chair if you get frequent headaches. It effectively relieves your stress with its therapeutic features and efficient design.
5. LM 7000 – Best User-Friendly Remote
This FDA-approved chair features the most user-friendly control system on a Kahuna chair. If you’ve been eyeing their models before but disliked the controls, you’ll enjoy this highly efficient and user-friendly unit.
Below are some of its best qualities:
Multi True Zero Gravity Stages – You’ll enjoy choosing which of the three zero gravity positions best suits your needs. Reap the benefits of being virtually weightless to give your body a break from supporting you all day.
Advanced Body Scan Technology – The high-tech body scan technology on this unit enables you to fully customize your massage experience. You’ll enjoy customizing your massage entirely with the body scan tech coupled with the L-track roller system that follows the contours of your body.
Advanced Air Cell Therapy – You will enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the advanced air massage cells on this unit. Each air cell is designed to inflate independently to effectively stretch and twist your body for maximum relaxation.
Summary: If you’re looking for a model that has user-friendly controls, you’ll love this model. It helps that it also has multiple high-end functions that add to its worth. Overall, a very good purchase for anyone.
6. LM-7800 – Best L Track
You’ve heard about the L-Track massage system before. It’s a significant upgrade from its predecessor: the S-Track system. Unlike previous models, your glutes and thighs would either be ignored or subject to airbag and air cell massages only.
The L-track system, on the other hand, follows the curvature of your spine up to your buttocks and thighs. You’ll love the added attention and the following characteristics:
Longest L-Track Massage System – Of all Kahuna chairs, the LM-7800 features the longest L-track system. Coupled with the full-body massage on this unit, it feels like your body is gently being prepared to go inside an oven.
Smart Space-Saving Technology – If you’re low on space, or are simply trying to keep a minimalistic look, you’ll love the space-saving design on this unit. It saves you space thanks to the sliding forward mechanism during reclining which eliminates the need for huge wall clearance.
FDA-Approved Medical Device – If you’re still unconvinced about the benefits of this unit, fear not. This unit is registered with the FDA. That means you’re getting a truly efficient and therapeutic massage chair.
Summary: This unit is the ideal choice for you if you’re looking for a chair that is proven to be therapeutic. This FDA recognized Kahuna model comes with different high-tech characteristics your body will love. However, you may find the 2D massage a little lacking.
Chair Comparison: Kahuna lm6800 vs LM6800s
Unless you’re a whiz at memorizing the different model names and subsequent features, you may find the identical names a bit confusing. Take the massage chair recliner Kahuna LM6800 and LM6800s for example, they’re different units, but what makes them unique?
The LM6800s is essentially the high-end version of the LM6800. It carries nearly the same features as the 6800 but executes them better.
Let’s take a closer side-by-side look:
- Both massage chairs have multiple preset programs. You’ll enjoy choosing between the different massage techniques or customizing them to fit your needs.
- LM6800 – 6 programs
- LM6800s – 12 programs
- Memory Capabilities – The LM6800s offer custom memory functions, whereas its counterpart does not. This is a very useful feature, especially if you share your unit. There’s no need to constantly adjust the chair’s settings because it will store your preferences.
- Speed and Pressure Adjustments – You will enjoy being able to fully customize your massage experience. The LM6800s perform better, in my opinion, because it has a wider array of intensity and speed levels to choose from. That’s not to say that the 6800 is inadequate, the 6800s simply does a better job.
- LM6800 – 3 adjustments
- LM6800s – 5 adjustments
- Stretching Program – Stretching is a very important part of your health. It activates your muscles and loosens them at the same time. This allows you to relieve pain and improve blood circulation throughout your body.
- LM6800 – 1 program
- LM6800/ – 4 programs
- Change Position Control – Unlike the LM6800s, the 6800 doesn’t allow you to end or change the current position or program abruptly. You’ll either have to turn the massage chair off or wait for your program to stop.
- Arm Acupressure – Acupressure is a very beneficial massage technique. That’s why I tend to look for these features in any chair. You’ll appreciate the air cells located in the arm area that targets your arms. Unfortunately, only the LM6800s carry this feature. The LM6800 does not.
- Zipper Cover – You’ll enjoy the exchangeable foot zipper cover on the LM6800s. This makes it easy to clean and change as needed. However, the LM6800 does not carry this feature.
- Pillow – You’ll love the extra fluff from the LM6800s’ foldable pillow attachment. It adds a layer of comfort that the LM6800 does not. Of course, that isn’t to say that the 6800 isn’t comfortable; the 6800s are simply more comfortable.
It’s easy to see why the LM6800s might be a better choice. Personally, I would choose the added features of the LM6800s over the LM6800. However, if you’re trying to spend less, the 6800 is a decent enough unit to start with. While it may not be as spacious or fancy as the 6800s, it certainly packs a great selection of characteristics that you’ll truly benefit from.
Summary: While I do highly recommend splurging for the LM6800s, I understand you may not want to spend the extra few hundred dollars to make it happen. Nevertheless, if you don’t need the extra bells and whistles, the LM6800 is a worthy unit.
Can Massage Chairs Be Harmful?
Not so long ago, the growing popularity of wellness programs and access to a wider range of wellness services led to a surge in bodywork businesses across the country. Today, massage is an established part of the bodywork industry. A massage chair is thought to aid relief from muscle tension, tension headaches, neck pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome, and it is one of the most commonly cited self-care modalities in the U.S.
According to the National Massage Therapy Association, massage is used by more than 75 million Americans each year. The therapy is a recognized part of primary care, and several medical associations recognize it as a complementary healthcare option for low back pain, general physical therapy, and joint management. These benefits include reducing muscle tension, stress, and muscle soreness, improving mood, and improving sleep.
A massage chair is most often marketed to clients as a form of relaxation. However, there is a growing body of evidence that suggests that people are receiving unnecessary amounts of physical therapy and thus may be harming their own health. This article reviews some of the existing research concerning massage and human health.
Therapists may believe that they are healing their clients, but many are still using the general health benefits of massage in addition to therapeutic massage to encourage the treatment of stress. Additionally, there has been an increased acceptance of the therapeutic value of massage for mental health issues, although there is not yet universal acceptance of this method. Numerous studies have shown that people who receive therapy to help treat depression experience positive effects such as decreases in depression medication consumption, and reductions in depressive symptoms.
Kahuna vs Osaki
I am not the biggest advocate for Osaki. I find that their massage recliners are often overpriced and misleading. The company boasts “Japan-made” massage chairs despite the fact that most of their units are manufactured in China.
Kahuna, on the other hand, explicitly informs its customers that their chairs are made overseas. Additionally, they offer most—if not all of the same features as their Osaki counterpart without the heavy price tag.
Let’s be clear.
- I have no qualms about a China-made chair. Kahuna chairs are made in China, yet they’re very reliable. I simply find it deplorable to misrepresent your chairs as having been manufactured in Japan.
- Although Osaki does carry a few models and products that are manufactured in Japan, it doesn’t make up for the fact that the majority of its products are not.
- Additionally, Osaki products are wildly overpriced when you compare them to Kahuna. You’ll notice that some massage chairs with the same characteristics from Osaki cost a little over twice as much as their Kahuna counterparts. It’s ridiculous, to say the least. It essentially means you’re paying for the brand and not the chair.
- Osaki chairs tend to underperform. When you compare the features of Osaki to Kahuna chairs, you’ll notice that Osaki severely underperforms. I suppose you could say that Kahuna executes its features more efficiently.
Overall, I highly recommend Kahuna over Osaki. After all, if I’m buying a chair from China, I’d rather purchase the cheaper yet more efficient option.
Summary: I find that Osaki oversells their products. You’re more likely paying for the brand than the massage chair itself. You’ll find Kahuna chairs with the same features but better performance for over half the price. The only reason to choose Osaki over Kahuna is if you’re buying their Japan-made massage recliners.
Kahuna offers a very reliable and reasonable warranty alongside their products. You’ll enjoy the standard 3-year limited warranty on all of their massage recliners that cover parts and labor costs.
First Year – You’ll enjoy the first-year warranty that covers all the costs for replacement parts and labor. You won’t need to spend a penny in case you encounter problems with your massage chair, especially if it’s a factory defect.
Second Year – The second year of your warranty covers all parts replacement. However, that means you’ll either need to find someone to do the repairs for you, or you will have to ship the massage chair to Kahuna for repair.
Third Year – The last year of your warranty covers the structural framework. If you notice anything wrong with your massage chair’s structure, your third-year warranty will cover it.
It also offers extended, and premium warranty add-ons. Unlike some massage chair companies, it is easy to reach and responds quickly in regard to concerns.
You’ll appreciate that Kahuna goes above and beyond to ensure your experience is the best it can be. It’s easy to contact Kahuna through their toll-free number and email.
Summary: You’ll enjoy the reliable warranty. Most of them are adequate enough. However, I love that you have an option to extend or upgrade your warranty as you see fit.
Is a Massage Chair a Good Investment?
The pros outweigh the cons. They feel comfortable and safe and don’t have to worry about falling down. Some come with their own cup holder and an easy on-off button, so you don’t have to mess with the remote or re-adjust every five minutes. So, just how well do these massage chairs perform? An independent lab tests the comfort level of massaging chairs called the NINE-SPACE Chair Comparison. NINE-SPACE found that “10 of the 12 massaging chairs proved to be much more relaxing than a low back massage.”
There are other types of massage chairs in the market, but these were the most comfortable. Real Estate Pits. At this point, you may want to hire a third party to appraise your home. Appraisers usually charge between $300 and $500 for appraisals and home surveys. Other options include speaking to an appraiser yourself or sending your property to a licensed surveyor.
Can a Massage Chair Cause a Stroke?
An elderly woman’s stroke was caused by a malfunctioning massager chair, French researchers report. The massage chair the woman used had “unusual muscle forces” causing it to make sudden movements during her second-stage stroke, said study author Anne Laignel, a neurologist at the Centre Hospitalier de la Charité-Empelade in Paris. “We were able to identify the cause and propose an effective therapy,” Laignel said in a university news release. When Laignel’s team re-examined the woman’s case, they found that she had failed to lift the chair back up into position after using it, causing the sudden movements. Laignel’s team said that failure to take the chair into position can cause sudden, unwanted.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Weight Limit for Kahuna Chairs?
320 lbs. If you’re looking for a chair that can accommodate your height and weight, the Kahuna chairs are just what you need. The manufacturer’s recommended standard size is suitable for individuals up to 6’2” in height and 240 lbs in weight. But if you require something larger, don’t worry – our SM series offers additional seating space with maximum heights of 6’5″ and weights up to 320 lbs.
Where is Kahuna Chair Made?
China. AJX Distribution Inc. of Cypress, California is the proud distributor of Kahuna massage chairs crafted in China.
Final Words. Which Model To Choose?
If you’re just now looking into Kahuna’s different models, you’ll find yourself overwhelmed. There are simply too many choices, and all of them sound like great chairs. They are. Manufactures some of the best mid-end massage recliners on the market.
That’s why I tested and researched all of their models before settling on the six I listed above. Take note; this top brand offers a wide array of chairs to fit nearly any budget and need.
So you’ll never be at a loss if you’re looking for specific qualities in a chair. Here’s a short summary of what I found:
- Kahuna LM6800 – this efficient unit is the most budget-friendly unit in the market. In saying that, it isn’t the cheapest. It is priced at under $1500 but carries features high-end models do. You’ll enjoy this zero-gravity recliner and yoga stretching characteristics to provide the ultimate relaxing experience.
- Kahuna SM7300 – This unit is often compared to the Osaki 4000cs. However, it sits well below Osaki’s asking price. At just a little over $1500, you’ll enjoy premium features and great craftsmanship. That’s why I believe this chair has the best value out of all Kahuna massage chairs.
- Kahuna SM9000 – This recliner is not only good looking, but you’ll love the luxurious features on it. It is one of the more expensive models, but it’s well worth it. After all, this is the best luxury model on my list.
- Kahuna Exquisite Rhythmic – This Kahuna recliner is truly exquisite. Often, our heads are ignored by companies. This unit is the best Kahuna massage chair recliner with a head massage feature. It’s perfect for you if you suffer from frequent headaches.
- Kahuna LM7000 – One of the things consumers consistently point out about Kahuna chairs is that their controls are not very user-friendly. It’s nice to see the company listen to the demands of its customers. Kahuna released the LM7000 with the most user-friendly remote control design to date on a Kahuna chair.
- Kahuna LM-7800 – If you’re looking for an FDA-recognized therapeutic chair, this model is perfect for you. I voted it as the best L-Track model despite its 2D massage.