The struggle is real for anyone over 6 feet trying to find comfortable furniture, much fewer massage chairs. Options in the market are usually few and far between, not to mention, expensive and impractical.
Most massage chairs either fail to accommodate my head or leave my feet dangling when they should be tucked into the leg rest for a relaxing foot massage.
I get it. I’ve been 6 feet 5 inches for as long as I can remember. Too many times have I experienced frustration at not being able to fit into a massage chair I ordered online.
But I’ve learned a lot since then. I’ve also come across more than a handful of reliable massage chairs that can not only fit me comfortably but function extremely well.
Take a look at seven of the best massage chairs in the market for those of us who stand closer to the clouds.
- 1. Luraco iRobotics 7 PLUS Massage Chair – Best Overall
- 2. INADA DreamWave Massage Chair
- 3. Kahuna LM6800
- 4. Infinity IT-8500
- 5. Human Touch Super Novo
- 6. Ogawa Smart 3D Massage Chair
- 7. Apex AP-Lotus Electric Full Body Massage Chair
The Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus is my top pick because of its non-ridiculously advanced tech. Usually, when you think of technologically savvy furniture, you think about the impractical additions to it. Like, a hovering feature or lighted base, voice controls, or motion controls.
Most additions aren’t very practical when you think about the functions of the chair. It also drives up the price to exorbitant amounts. Luckily the Luraco i7 Plus is no such unit. All of its technological advancements were made to improve the therapeutic massage the chair can give you.
That’s why this is the best chair for me. It’s’s practical, fits tall people like me comfortably, has a host of good massage techniques on top of its superior technology, and boasts a reasonable number of important features. Continue reading to find out why.
Best Massage Chair for Tall Person (From 6.1″) / 2020 Models
There are three things I look for when I’m shopping for a replacement for my Luraco: size, massage quality, and price. Let’s take a closer look at these three factors:
- Size – many massage chairs are built for under 6 feet tall users. I like to make sure the chair can comfortably fit big and tall users alike. It should cater to different body types and not just taller people.
- Massage Quality – this can be determined by a number of factors:
- Heat therapy – this is an important feature that will help your body thoroughly relax and facilitate blood flow throughout your extremities. Some units have lumbar heat, which is also important. If anything else, prioritize a unit that has lower back heat functions for back pain.
- Deep tissue massage – this technique in massage therapy helps release built-up tension in your body. This is also ideal for those who suffer from sciatic pain.
- Multiple massage programs – ultimately, there should be at least five preset massage programs with the option to manually control your chair. This gives you a more custom-tailored experience so you can target problem areas more specifically. This should include an effective air massage, sufficient massage rollers, calf massage, foot rollers, and body scan technology to maximize the effects of the massage track or roller track.
- Price – don’t be afraid to stick to your budget. Truth be told, I wouldn’t have discovered how much I love my Luraco if I didn’t sternly stick to my budget. This was before I knew I didn’t need cup holders or the extra mini-monitor for watching movies. The price should be reasonable enough and within your budget.
So now that you know what to look for, it’s time to choose which of these chairs is the best massage chair for a tall person—or you.
1. Luraco iRobotics 7 Massage Chair – #1 Best Choice For Tall Users
This massage chair is the best technologically advanced massage recliner on the market. You’ll appreciate how Luraco put their effort into making this high-tech piece of medical furniture more therapeutic instead of focusing on cosmetic adjustments. Luraco took #1 spot as top massage chair for 2020 in my massage chair ultimate buying guide.
Take a look at its best features:
3D Massage Technology – the 3D massage on the Luraco is unparalleled. I can confidently say it is one of the best in the industry among all chair types. Its rollers push forward to deliver a thoroughly deep massage that penetrates your neck and back muscles effectively.
Enhanced Foot and Calf Massage – to achieve whole body wellness, the Luraco i7 Plus targets your calf and foot areas with advanced rollers and air massage technology. This will release strain from your feet and calves while regenerating your muscles.
Summary: This Luraco chair is the most promptly technologically advanced massage chair on the market. You’ll love the multiple user memory settings so you don’t have to reprogram the chair every time a different person uses it.
Read the full review here.
2. INADA DreamWave Massage Chair – First Runner Up
The Dreamwave comes at a close second to the Luraco i7 Plus this Inada massage chair packs a lot of great functions and comes in fun colors like red as well.
This chair covers 1,200 square inches of the body area in total and is considered the most extensive coverage in the entire market. This means it’s’s certainly suitable for tall and broad users.
Take a look at its best features:
Shiatsu Massage – you’ll enjoy the shiatsu massage with varying motion programs that mimic the movements of a human therapist. This effectively removes strain from your body and untangles the knotted muscles.
Full-Body Stretch – it’s no secret that stretching is beneficial to anyone involved. It not only relieves body pain but it also effectively boosts blood circulation throughout your body. It’s also essential for preventing chronic pain in your back or extremities.
Summary: The Inada Dreamwave is the updated version of the previous Inada Sogno Dreamwave (which has been discontinued). This chair is a pricier option, but it does maximize the therapeutic benefits of a massage chair completely. Choose this if you want to have a chair that truly feels like a machine built to heal your body.
3. Kahuna LM6800 – Best Budget Model
The Kahuna LM6800 Is certainly cheaper than the top models I’ve listed here. However, that doesn’t mean it’s features are lacking. In fact, you’ll be surprised at the number of features packed into this space-saving massage chair. It’s’s got nearly everything you can find on a luxury model for under $2,000 and is a perfect starter chair for anyone just getting into the community.
Take a look at its most notable features:
Full-Body Shiatsu Therapy – unlike other massage chairs, the LM6800 has multiple rollers placed throughout the unit to deliver a full-body shiatsu massage. This targets specific areas like your neck, shoulders, upper and lower back, limbs, and feet.
Space-Efficient Zero Gravity – this massage recliner allows you to install it right up against your wall. Unlike other units that require a lot of wall clearance, the LM6800 slides forward as you recline it, so you don’t have to worry about it reclining against your wall.
Summary: the Kahuna LM6800 is a cheap massage chair that comes with a lot of great benefits. It’s packed with a lot of great features and comes at a very affordable price. It’s a worthy buy if you’re looking for something under $2,000 but that is only if you don’t encounter any problems with it. Otherwise, customer service is not very helpful.
Read the full review here.
4. Infinity IT-8500
The Infinity 8500 is a great full-body massage chair with zero gravity features built into it. If you’re asking what makes it different from the other chairs, take a look:
Air Decompression Stretch – this chair utilizes airbags that compress and decompress in a specific pattern to stretch your body. This works similarly to the way massage therapists knead your body to stretch certain areas. If you want a full-body stretch, this chair also works by gripping your shoulders and legs and slowly reclining you to stretch your spine.
Summary: This $4000 chair has some great unique features. However, for the price, you need to be careful. It has some great reviews that attest to how well it holds up to use, but there are also some complaints that customer service is unhelpful and that the chair does not withstand daily use very well.
5. Human Touch Super Novo Massage Chair
The Super Novo comes in fun colors that will look like a great statement piece in any room you put it in. It also comes with an array of great features. Take a look at my favorite features below:
User-friendly Controls – I do not appreciate it when more high-tech chairs come with hard to understand control systems. This massage chair makes it very easy to control its functions with a touch of your finger.
Hybrid Track – the S and L-track system on this chair targets more areas than just your back. Hybrid S and L roller track design feature rollers that target your back as well as your glutes and thighs.
Summary: The Super Novo is a technologically advanced massage chair that packs a lot of great features. However, it’s a shame that the voice control feature hasn’t been fully integrated prior to its release to give you a wider array of voice controls.
6. Ogawa Smart 3D Massage Chair
The Smart 3D is one of the best smart massage chairs you can find on the market. It’s an ideal choice if you’re more tech-savvy and want it to show in your choice of wellness furniture.
Take a look at its best features:
Smart Tablet Controls – this massage chair comes with its own control pad. You’ll find the interface easy enough to understand, although ad with everything there is a slight learning curve. Nonetheless, it’s been a very handy feature.
Multiple Custom Settings – the tablet doesn’t come as an aesthetic piece. It allows you to fully customize your massage experience and custom-tailor your chair’s performance to fit you specifically.
Summary: If you have the extra cash to splurge on your wellness, do it! This massage chair comes with only one con and that’s how expensive it is. However, if you value great features and a truly custom-tailored massage experience, this one’s for you.
7. Apex AP-Lotus Electric Full Body Massage Chair
I am a fan of ionizing the air. It’s a part of my daily routine. In fact, I have a home-scaled ionizer at home just to keep the air clean and well-balanced. That’s only one of the features I liked about this unit. Here’s more:
Energy Efficient – this massage chair is incredibly energy efficient. It only utilizes 110-120v of energy at a time, which makes it an ideal choice if you want to reduce energy consumption in your home.
Summary: If you have someone around who can help you install this behemoth, then you’re in for a good time. This massage chair comes with a host of great wellness features that’s perfect for anyone who believes in complete wellness.
What Should You Consider Before Buying Massage Chair for Tall Person
Buying a massage chair for anyone follows the same general guidelines. Here’s some important information you should always remember when choosing a massage chair for any body type:
Size and Comfort – consider what the chair’s build is meant to withstand. Typically, a chair that can withstand up to 300 lbs will be sturdier than those who are not.
You also need to make sure you fit into your chair. Your feet should not dangle from the leg rests, and your head should sit comfortably on the head support or pillow of your massage recliner.
For example, the Titan Jupiter XL is a great choice if you’re looking for a “big man massage recliner.”
Features – think it over very carefully. Some features are more important than others, after all. But I like to look for three features in a chair to make sure I have the right one.
- Zero-gravity positioning – there are currently three zero-gravity positions in the industry. One is good enough, but if you have all three, it would be better.
- Heat therapy – heat therapy is necessary if you want to encourage your muscles to recover faster. This makes it easier for your body to facilitate blood flow, and it relieves pain fairly quickly as well.
- Deep tissue massage – it’s’s always good to get a deep tissue massage every once in a while. In fact, this is the most recommended massage type if you suffer from sciatica frequently.
Price – I’ll say it to the ends of the earth. There is no need to spend over your budget on a chair. Never. If you have a budget, stick to it. There’s no shame in it. After all, there are a lot of great units that come by that are more budget-friendly compared to its luxury counterparts.
Summary: Always remember that the chair should maximize your comfort above all else. This covers comfort in all aspects: physical, therapeutic and financial. Make sure you have the right size, features and price when you buy a massage chair—or any furniture for that matter.
Final Verdict. Which Model to Choose?
Of all the massage recliners I’ve listed above, the Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus is the one I have my heart set on. It’s a purely feature-rich massage chair with little to no unnecessary add-ons.
That means you’re spending your money purely on therapeutic benefits and not unnecessarily “convenient” features.
However, if the Luraco i7 Plus is not your type of chair, I’m confident you can find one that you’ll like anywhere in the market if you remember a few things:
- Size – make sure your massage chair will fit you comfortably. You should be able to rest your head on it without problems, and your feet should not dangle from the footrests.
- Massage Features – I like to choose massage chairs with heat therapy, body stretching programs and calf, and foot massage features. This ensures that my body is completely taken care of, and I’m not neglecting any parts of it.
- Price – never be afraid to stick to your budget. It’s important to think very carefully about which features you actually need. Some additional features like that handy cup holder or voice control may seem like a great choice, but is it really worth it? I don’t think so.
Overall, Luraco i7 Plus is my top pick because it is the most sensible option within my budget.
If I hadn’t stuck to my budget, I would have gotten a more expensive unit and probably ended up regretting it because I absolutely love my Luraco now. It’s been a great massage chair with a lot of therapeutic benefits for a reasonable price.