Real Relax is a company that consistently releases okay chairs. Their units aren’t bad, but they’re also not exceptional. If you think that mediocre choices come with the affordable price tag, you’re sorely mistaken.
I can confidently say that the Kahuna LM 6800 is the best alternative for even the best massage chairs of Real Relax. Additionally, customer service is not reliable. Coupled with an “okay” chair, it’s definitely not worth it.
Keep reading to find out why:
- 1. Real Relax 2019 Premium SL-Track 3D Deep Zero Gravity Massage Chair
- 2. Real Relax 2020 Full Body Massage Chair with Bluetooth and Led Light
- 3. Favor 04 Chair
- 4. Real Relax 2020 S-Track Massage Chair
- 5.Massage Chair S Track Recliner with Rocking Function
About Real Relax Company
Real Relax is a Chinese massage chair company founded in 2015. Here are some of my key takeaways from this relatively new company:
- Certified by the FDA, CE, ROHS, and US Patents – I’m always impressed by companies that take the time to have their products certified by experts. You’ll appreciate that all their products are certified by the FDA, CE, ROHS, and US Patents.
- They are constantly working to improve and innovate their products. You’ll appreciate that their products and features are patented, which attests to their innovation.
- Superior Technology – the company, takes pride in releasing high-tech massage products. This comes through in their line of massage chairs, massage cushions, and massage pillows.
- The company has set on a path of experimentation since its foundation in 2015. The team behind these massage chairs have made it their mission to provide high-quality therapeutic chairs and products at an affordable price.
Usually, people are wary of buying China-made products. In this case, though, RealRelax does have some interesting offers on the table. Their chairs are well-made enough and are reasonably priced.
However, I’m a little apprehensive about the numerous complaints against customer service. You also need to be careful because their return policies are somewhat “blurry” and unreliable.
Despite that, the company does offer a range of warranties from a 1 to 3-year warranty (extended) But we’ll get to that later.
Summary: The company realizes some very good ideas. You’ll find great innovation and efficient massage products on their website at an affordable price. However, the customer support and return process is a little iffy. If you’re looking for a China-made chair that’s more reliable, the Kahuna chair company or AJX Inc. is a better alternative.
5 Top-Rated Real Relax Massage Chairs and Alternatives:
Real Relax has only been operating for 5 years. So it’s understandable why there’s only a handful of massage chairs listed on their website. After all, you can’t rush the development and fruition of a truly efficient and innovative massage chair.
As of now, there are only 10 chairs listed on the company’s website. I’ve reviewed all of them and compiled the five best Real Relax massage chairs.
Take a look below:
1. Real Relax 2019 Premium SL-Track 3D Deep Zero Gravity Massage Chair
One of the most redeeming qualities of this chair is the fact that it comes assembled. That means you only need to worry about installation.
Other than it, it looks gorgeous, and you’ll enjoy the following attributes:
Upgraded SL Track – You’ll enjoy the longer SL-track massage system on this massage chair. The hybrid track on this unit attends to your spine, buttocks, and thighs. Coupled with the 3D robot hand massage rollers, it feels like a real professional masseuse.
Automatic Body Fit – You’ll love the high-tech automatic adjustment this massage recliner goes through to accommodate your body exclusively. It’s as easy as sitting on your chair, and the unit will do the rest by adjusting the shoulders and overall length. It can accommodate varying heights from 5’2” to 6’5”.
True Zero Gravity – You’ll enjoy an authentic zero-gravity experience with the NASA-inspired zero-gravity recline function on this chair. The truly weightless position allows you to relax completely and gives your body a chance to heal itself quickly. This feature is best paired with the full-body airbag massage that provides steady comfort and relief.
Summary: You’ll enjoy the deep zero-gravity feature of this premium chair. It’s an ideal choice if you’re looking for something that is easy to operate and saves space.
2. Real Relax 2020 Full Body Massage Chair with Bluetooth and Led Light
This unit is the latest update on the Favor 03 massage chair. You’ll love the techier features like its Bluetooth connectivity and LED backlighting.
You’ll also love the following qualities:
One Button Zero-G – There is nothing better than an easy to operate the chair. This Real Relax shiatsu massage chair recliner features a button that allows you to quickly activate the zero gravity reclining massage chair mechanism.
Custom Massage – You’ll feel like you have a personal masseuse at your beck and call. The user-friendly remote control allows you to set massage modes or fully customize your massage experience. You can control the massage rollers, airbags, body parts that need attention, speed, intensity, and adjust the chair to move higher or lower.
Easy Assembly – This chair comes in two boxes. It also comes with an easy to follow manual which allows for quick assembly and installation. This means you can relax without too much fuss.
Summary: This unit is the much-awaited Favor 3 upgrade. Unlike its predecessor, it features rollers, more customizable options and is overall more price-worthy. This is a good choice if you’re looking for a budget-friendly chair with reasonable features.
3. Favor 04 Chair
There is very little I can say about the Favor 04 that you don’t already know about the other Favor massage chairs.
It does not feature rollers but carries an exquisite airbag massage feature. Take a look at its other features below:
Great Upholstery – You’ll love the soft and durable upholstery on this chair. It’s not authentic leather, but it’s easy to clean and doesn’t look too cheaply made.
Zero-gravity Recline – Zero-gravity positioning is great for your mental and physical health. This chair gives you the benefits of zero gravity resting for a reasonable price.
Integrated Seat Massager – You’ll enjoy the many functions of the integrated seat massager on the Favor 04. It vibrates, uses air squeezing to massage your bottom and heats up for facilitated blood flow and relief.
Summary: Overall, I’d say that the favor 04 is a good basic chair. It has several features that will help you relax. It provides great comfort for the price as well. However, if you’re looking for a unit that can provide a deep massage, you’d best look for an alternative. Also there are much better chair alternates for tall people.
4. Real Relax 2020 S-Track Massage Chair
This S-Track massage recliner chair is one of the more abundant units in terms of features. Despite the lower-end S-Track system on this massage chair, you’ll still find a handful of higher-end qualities. Take a look at some of them below:
Yoga Stretching – Some massage chairs offer full-body stretching features. This massage recliner, on the other hand, boasts a full-body yoga stretching program. Ease your muscles after a hard day’s work and reap the benefits of yoga without putting in the effort.
Rocking Features – You’ll enjoy the soothing rocking motions on this chair. You can either use it in conjunction with your massage or use it independently. Either way, it’s a great feature to have if you enjoy rocking chairs.
Built-In Heaters – Your waist and buttocks will feel warm and relaxed after a massage session thanks to the fitted heaters on this massage unit. The heat envelops your bottom to facilitate blood circulation & flow and relieve day to day stress.
Summary: If you’re looking for a Real Relax massage chair with a lot more features than those in the Favor line, you’ve found it. It features roller, to start with. However, for the price (although not unreasonable) you can find better massage recliners elsewhere.
5. Massage Chair S Track Recliner with Rocking Function
This massage chair does what the name suggests: take care of your whole body. You’ll enjoy the S-track system on this massage recliner with an added locking mechanism.
Here are some of its other features:
3D Robot Hands – You’ll enjoy the lifelike massage coupled with S-track on this chair. It follows your spine’s curvature and provides an accurate and effective Shiatsu massage that feels like a real human.
Heating Functions – You’ll enjoy the lumbar heating functions on this chair. However, I must admit that it does feel very insufficient considering other units within the same price point heats more than just your lumbar region.
Full-Body Air Massage – 50 airbags work together to compress your body for a full-body shiatsu massage. You’ll love the attention on your whole body that feels like the chair is squeezing the stress out of you.
Summary: Although not the best, you will enjoy the shiatsu massage on this massage recliner. You’ll also appreciate the exclusive massage techniques on this unit that utilizes zero-gravity and it’s other functions.
Real Relax Massage Chair Questions & Answers:
Do Massage Chairs Use a Lot of Electricity?
This is one of the most frequent questions I get asked. The answer is not really.
Some massage chairs are very inefficient when it comes to power consumption. However, most massage recliners only utilize 150 Watts on average for every use.
This is equivalent to using your LED TV and significantly less than using a curling iron.
When you think about the costs and the potential damage to your energy bill, it’s a very reasonable concern.
However, I like to remember a few things:
- The average cost of a professional massage in the US is $75 – when you think about it, it may not sound like much. However, imagine getting a massage twice a week—this is the recommended usage for a massage chair. Every year that would cost you around $7,800. Does it cost that much to run a chair? No, it doesn’t.
- It costs less than $1 to operate it for 30 minutes – Hop onto Webmath and calculate the costs of operating a 150-watt chair for 30 minutes. It costs you only $0.003750 per day. That’s if you use your chair for 30 minutes!
- You only need to use it for short intervals twice a week – If it costs less than $1 to operate per session, imagine how much you’re saving from hiring a professional masseuse for an hour! That’s $0.0075 for an hour’s use of a chair vs $75 for a one-hour massage session elsewhere.
- You are worth it! – Massage chairs are not, in any way, a substitute for a professional masseuse. This is especially true if you experience severe back pain. However, it is a great alternative, especially if you don’t have any serious concerns.
Is a Massage Chair Worth It?
Definitely. If you find a chair that fits you well, relieves your stress and helps you, then yes, it is well worth your money.
However, you need to remember a few things:
- Price-worthiness – you might have found a great chair. However, is it worth its price? There are a lot of massage chairs that offer the same features and yet, are overpriced. This is especially true for some of the units such as the Favor massage chairs. You have to consider the price as well as its features and how well it performs them. If you ask me, Real Relax is a good brand. It has good chairs. However, massage chairs like the Kahuna LM6800 outperform and are more valuable than their chairs.
- Features – Some companies will slap on multiple half-hearted features into a single chair to make it seem more valuable. (I’m looking at you, Real Relax 2020 S-Track) However, the features will fall short one way or another. The bad thing is, you won’t really know it’s inadequate unless you’ve tried a better unit.
Summary: Massage chairs are definitely worth it. However, you should consider the features, performance and price-worthiness of each unit before making a commitment.
The Real Relax chairs I’ve tried are more suitable for different users. If you’re looking for a less intense massage, the Favor line will be perfect for you.
However, if you want something a little more intense, consider the S-Track massage recliners with zero-gravity functions.
Overall, I’d say that Real Relax has a long way to go. Despite their best efforts, I find their units severely lacking. If you’re looking for an affordable massage chair, you’re better off purchasing a Kahuna LM6800.